Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jeroom

Hey....

Just a word to change that gray atmosphere that too often sits in the regional forum.....

I received this week, my first Airline Pilot paycheck, and I am very proud of it. Not that I have SJS or anything (which I don't), it's just that this check represents a lot to me...a great accomplishment, like my first solo kind of. It's not a lot of money as you may figure, but it means a lot!
I am still in training, I love it everyday, and I will wear that uniform with great pride.
I know this industry is not what it used to be...but I still think that the cockpit beats any office job (it has the best view).

Good luck y'all!

ps: express your thought on your first airline pilot paycheck here...

jeroom said:
I received this week, my first Airline Pilot paycheck, and I am very proud of it. Not that I have SJS or anything (which I don't), it's just that this check represents a lot to me...a great accomplishment

Reach over your shoulder and pat yourself on the back.

mamba20 said:
This has got to be flamebait right? No way that it isnt.

Hey mamba20... no flamebait here! I just wrote what I feel. You like it or not, not my problem. Please, just try to be a little positive on the thread and tell us really what you thoughts were at that time...

Anyone?

Seriously, those were my thoughts. I hate to pee in your cherios but yeah. . . I knew I'd made a mistake right away. Now, I'm trying to correct my mistake. This is just not a career for me, flying is fun but its not worth it. I'm more about quality of life then some view (which believe me will get old and mundane). I truely hope that you enjoy your career though. Best of luck to you.

For all the fun that people poke fun at us Riddle people, the one thing that it had going for it was the university's internship programs - because you got to "work" out in the industry and see exactly what happens and - among other things - exactly what you're going to get paid.

That way, before you jump in, you know what you're getting into. I am afraid that much of what happens at the recruiting level of the ATP and RAA's programs feeds people's false impressions about pilot workload/QOL/pay et cetera. We got to see it up close and personal before committing to the business.

Not having those university internship programs would sort of like be having those "arranged" weddings where you have no idea what baggage your future mate will have but you are now beyond the point of no return. :)

my first thoughts when I got mine was

"What the ******************** is this ********************. These cheap mother ********************ers.!!!! ******************** Asa!!!"

AdamKooper said:
my first thoughts when I got mine was

"What the ******************** is this ********************. These cheap mother ********************ers.!!!! ******************** Asa!!!"

ROFL!

So what about the paychecks you earned when you flight instructed, flew skydivers, hauled freight?!?! Were those not worthy too???

Or did you just skip over all that nonsense?!?!?

Smells like SJS to me!

Latest resources

Back