• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

First airline pilot paycheck

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey that is exciting! For most of the people that didn't come in on the KY express to an airline job and actually had to put forth alot of effort begging time and flight instructing that first paycheck is a relief. You finally realize the culmination of that effort and it is entirly worth it. However you soon learn that it is also fun to b!tch and moan about the job that you love and would never leave. B!tching is stiched in to a pilots DNA, ask my wife. Anyway congratulations and welcome.

EngineOut said:
You are aware that non-Riddlers have the same access to those internships, right? Anyone who meets the requirements can apply and get accepted. I went to UT majoring in business while working on my CFI and was accepted into three pilot internships in 2003. Beat out a couple of Riddlers, too ;) .

True that. I'm not a Riddler and got an internship that led to a job. Did the CFI thing too. Congrats nonetheless.

I was pretty stoked to get my first airline check too.......untill I realised that after busting my AZZ for 6 weeks in training those stupid mother f-ers at CINTAS would be getting the lions share of the loot I worked so hard to earn..... For that alone I say F-U CINTAS, F-U and your god damn uncomfortable polyester pants that squish my nuts all day long....... Why do your crappy uniform pants spot up when they get water on them, why do they have so much plastic in them that the sun glares off of them and blind me in the cockpit. The icing on the cake is when they sew those nice grommets for your wings on your shirt too close together. Thanks CINTAS, now my crappy uniform is worse than when you started with it in the first place........

Rant Over..............

haha, god this is a damn funny post... what i thought when i got that first check was...hey HR, i think someone forgot a few numbers, what am i going to do with this crummy ass thing, whipe my ass? then i started to stare at it, and guess what that doesnt work either.. the numbers stay the same. oh well

Turtlesfly said:
Nope - not all interns are bottom feeders. At least where I worked, the company was so thankful for what we were doing to help them that they sort of took us in as family.

Come to pappa little boy, come to pappa!

Hahahahahahahah...:beer:

1988 Scenic $200 (2 weeks after taxes) - furloughed three days later.

2002 NWA last airline paycheck - $3600 (2 weeks after taxes.)

2006 Most recent paycheck - $2500 (10 days in 6 weeks of charter, 6 weeks late.)

Times have REALLY changed!

Baja.

dwstl2327 said:
what i thought when i got that first check was...hey HR, i think someone forgot a few numbers, what am i going to do with this crummy ass thing, whipe my ass?

Did all of you not know to the penny what your pay checks were going to be before you signed on the W2 dotted line? This seems very foreign to me......

Baja.

Going2Baja said:
Did all of you not know to the penny what your pay checks were going to be before you signed on the W2 dotted line? This seems very foreign to me......

Baja.
Zactly.

jeroom said:
Hey....

Just a word to change that gray atmosphere that too often sits in the regional forum.....

I received this week, my first Airline Pilot paycheck, and I am very proud of it. Not that I have SJS or anything (which I don't), it's just that this check represents a lot to me...a great accomplishment, like my first solo kind of. It's not a lot of money as you may figure, but it means a lot!
I am still in training, I love it everyday, and I will wear that uniform with great pride.
I know this industry is not what it used to be...but I still think that the cockpit beats any office job (it has the best view).

Good luck y'all!

ps: express your thought on your first airline pilot paycheck here...

Ahhhh... Brings to mind an old saying.....

If you pay peanuts, you hire monkeys....

Latest resources

Back