• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

First airline pilot paycheck

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How the fu*k to you guys afford your student loans on that crap. I got out of ATP's which was going to cost me 75k after interest on the loan because there is not enough money in one paycheck to pay the min due on a loan.

I got my ******************** done through mei for 19k. And that is still like 220/mo. How many of yall work 2 jobs.

fsworld said:
Thats what I love about every regional pilots out there. You would think that they all came into this job knowing that they were flying for Delta 20 years ago. But no, every single one of us knew exactly what the pay was and exactly what the contract said.

Maybe only a few of us were bright enough to actually look into these things before we started. Or better yet, maybe too many people (the ones who talk about sjs) had sjs and didnt look into the details.

now, be nice. maybe he's in it for the chicks. but not delta's grandmothers.

aviatrix said:
OK, and yes, I didi read your post! Your giddiness about such nominal amounts of compensation led to me to believe you were among the many low-time, academy geeks floating around here that we all get tired of listening to!

So you got a paycheck.......whoop-de-doo!!! There are pilot veterans out there right now who are losing their paychecks faster than you can stall a plane!!!! I can guarantee your little paycheck is much less than what should be compensated in this industry.............and continues to get worse and worse!!! Dont celebrate it, help us all in collectively bringing it back up!!! :beer:

Geez, I think you might need some of that sudsy attidude adjustment and quick ;) . What in the world is wrong with being happy about one's first paycheck when one has worked hard to at least get to the starting point. At least the guy's got a good attitude. Sounds like he was aware of what the pay was to begin with and believe it or not many people still enjoy their job (as shocking as that sounds). Don't try to suck the life out of him just because you're not thrilled with the profession.

:beer:

FCPhotography said:
Congrats. I admire your positive attitude. I lost mine about 2-3 years ago.

What airline and what type of plane?

DW you always seem pretty positive when I talk to you on the phone. Has the baby been born yet? how's the family?

Latest resources

Back