Financial problems for Sentient

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just the negative stuff.

Do you guys believe everything you're told, or just the negative sh-t?

Unless you have been told BY a STL based pilot, then you can count on the fact that it's tainted rumor.

If you are referring to my post read it closer, I did talk to an STL based pilot. I asked for confirmation b/c it came from one guy (who was pretty upset by the way).

What's with the recent "split" of Sentient?
As reported by AIN.

Do you guys believe everything you're told, or just the negative sh-t?

Unless you have been told BY a STL based pilot, then you can count on the fact that it's tainted rumor.

"Tainted rumor".......HA!!! I guarantee this is true.

Wanna hear some other stuff that is 100% true? Sentient recently owed one of their pilots $6000.00 bucks in overtime pay. (yes I know him)

When they started firing people in St. Louis a few weeks ago, some Captains were told they couldn't stay even as an F/O because they would be "too disgruntled". But other Captains actually were allowed to stay as F/O's. Interesting...so the people doing the firing somehow know who will be disgruntled and who won't!

They didn't go about firing folks by seniority, and they sure didn't go by qualifications. There was no consistency whatsoever.

At least 3 pilots were fired, then called back in the next 24 hours and told "nevermind, you still have a job". Wow. That shows you how well they thought everything out ahead of time.

For the last year and a half, every meeting with the national chief pilot had him talking about how great things are going to be, we are going to bring up the pay to the 60th percent level of the NBAA and the Stanton survey, we are going to be on par with Netjets in terms of pay and quality of life...blah blah blah. Then when all the firings start, Mr. National Chief is nowhere to be found.

I witnessed all of this firsthand.

Yeah, they needed to get rid of some people, but the way they went about it was TOTALLY jacked up.

There's more, but I've already wasted 5 minutes of my life typing this that I ain't gonna get back.

Redbehren, don't bother replying to this, because I have no interest in getting into some stupid internet forum war with you. We all know you LOOOVE Sentient so much, they can do no wrong, blah blah blah. And it's obvious from reading your other posts that you work in the office somewhere and you aren't a company pilot even though you try to pose as one. Feel free to prove me wrong if you like, not that I'm going to reply to anything you say to me.

The only reason I've wasted my time typing this crap is so that pilots on here know what's going on, so that they can avoid ever applying there if Sentient decides to hire pilots again. Stay away.

"Tainted rumor".......HA!!! I guarantee this is true.

Wanna hear some other stuff that is 100% true? Sentient recently owed one of their pilots $6000.00 bucks in overtime pay. (yes I know him)

When they started firing people in St. Louis a few weeks ago, some Captains were told they couldn't stay even as an F/O because they would be "too disgruntled". But other Captains actually were allowed to stay as F/O's. Interesting...so the people doing the firing somehow know who will be disgruntled and who won't!

They didn't go about firing folks by seniority, and they sure didn't go by qualifications. There was no consistency whatsoever.

At least 3 pilots were fired, then called back in the next 24 hours and told "nevermind, you still have a job". Wow. That shows you how well they thought everything out ahead of time.

For the last year and a half, every meeting with the national chief pilot had him talking about how great things are going to be, we are going to bring up the pay to the 60th percent level of the NBAA and the Stanton survey, we are going to be on par with Netjets in terms of pay and quality of life...blah blah blah. Then when all the firings start, Mr. National Chief is nowhere to be found.

I witnessed all of this firsthand.

Yeah, they needed to get rid of some people, but the way they went about it was TOTALLY jacked up.

There's more, but I've already wasted 5 minutes of my life typing this that I ain't gonna get back.

Redbehren, don't bother replying to this, because I have no interest in getting into some stupid internet forum war with you. We all know you LOOOVE Sentient so much, they can do no wrong, blah blah blah. And it's obvious from reading your other posts that you work in the office somewhere and you aren't a company pilot even though you try to pose as one. Feel free to prove me wrong if you like, not that I'm going to reply to anything you say to me.

The only reason I've wasted my time typing this crap is so that pilots on here know what's going on, so that they can avoid ever applying there if Sentient decides to hire pilots again. Stay away.

Would a copy of a current 8410 suffice, your honor? I've been with one of the acquired companies for over 15 years and I've been suffering through lay-offs and mergers like this since before you were popping zits and beating off into your dirty gym sock.

So, if you're so tweaked out about this place, do everyone else a favor and BEAT IT. This company doesnt need losers like you and we've got work to do.

Sentient is really dicked up right now. I really hope they can get their act together.

Would a copy of a current 8410 suffice, your honor? I've been with one of the acquired companies for over 15 years and I've been suffering through lay-offs and mergers like this since before you were popping zits and beating off into your dirty gym sock.

So, if you're so tweaked out about this place, do everyone else a favor and BEAT IT. This company doesnt need losers like you and we've got work to do.

Well, I said I wasn't going to respond...but...

Sorry buddy, I still don't think you're a pilot.

"And by the way, if you think about it for just a minute, you will probably agree that if it werent for loser pilots not giving a shlit, going to the wrong FBO, not showing up on time, wearing hideous clothing, forgetting to pick up the catering, and not stocking airplanes properly - maybe they wouldnt have to call us so much!"

That's from a post of yours on January 1st.

Yep, sounds like pilot talk to me.

Well, maybe you are a pilot, who knows. But you're still a dillhole..or is that cornhole...ah, whatever.

Listen bro, if calling things the way I saw it and stating the FACTS makes me a "loser", so be it. Are you gonna tell me and everybody on here I was lying about how jacked up the company is and what went down in St. Louis last month? Disprove anything I said, I dare ya. Actually nevermind, you've "got work to do" so I'm sure you'll be too busy to respond.

Love you, write back soon.

Latest resources

Back