• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Financial problems for Sentient

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most of the laid off pilots were flying less than 5 days per month for the last several months. The card membership program has virtually destroyed what was once a bustling charter operation in St Louis; one that will need to be rebuilt. Several pilots have already been offered (and accepted) positions with the company at other locations in the system.

These things happen in business; and i do NOT agree that there will be a mass exodus anytime soon. With the changes currently underway at SFG, I believe the company will recover, albeit looking a little different, to profitability. Lay-offs happen everywhere; how many airline guys do you know who've been laid off in the last 10 years? That doesnt mean that the remaining ones quit just because of the layoffs. And how many airline guys have you heard say "we're being told that (insert dillusion of grandure here)".

Same sh-t, different day, my friends. As The Beacon Turns - our own little aviation soap opera (without the hot actresses). Its no different here than any other indusrty, SFG is just under the microscope right now becasue they were so damn arrogant about their growth.

There will be a mass exodus if they can't even come close to what other operators are paying.

There will be a mass exodus if they can't even come close to what other operators are paying.

hmmmmmm...i get the feeling that SFG in their prior form isnt known for paying very well. but heres the quandry, i know some that were swallowed up in the buyout and are what some consider to be paid top scale for what they do...how would a company that is known for paying not-so-great deal with such a situation makes one wonder...hmmmmmm :erm:

hmmmmmm...i get the feeling that SFG in their prior form isnt known for paying very well. but heres the quandry, i know some that were swallowed up in the buyout and are what some consider to be paid top scale for what they do...how would a company that is known for paying not-so-great deal with such a situation makes one wonder...hmmmmmm :erm:
If you're implying that they will lay people off based on their pay, i think you are incorrect (in fact, I know you are).

From what I understand of your pay scale (at least in the King Airs), you are paid for your activity level. If that is true, then as long as you are busy, why would you worry? Are you flying a lot these days?

If the St. Louis guys didn't see this coming for months, they were blind. Granted, the mismanagement at that company has been hideous, and the lack of flying isnt the pilots fault, but we're paid to fly and if there isnt flying to do, well...

The winds of change are blowing gang, and its going to get a LOT windier in the next 10 days around there. Hold onto your hats...

If you are refering to the TAG aquisition and other management companies, the pay is based upon what ever the owner was willing to pay, ie, you negotiated your worth. Completely different from what is going on over on the pooled pilot or charter side of SFG.

Right now things are tough all over and that is going to make it harder to judge almost everything. I know things are tough out there because my pilots quit whining about everything a few months ago.

There's different levels of rich, and there are people who charter corporate jets who are going to decide it's not in the budget. I will pray for everyone's job.

Ran into one of these guys today and had an interesting conversation. Supposedly they stopped the credit line on the STL pilots credit cards and have been told to use personal cash for all pilot expenses? And no per diem to make matters worse?

Any confirmation on this? Hope it’s not true but if so....OUCH.

Last edited:
Ran into one of these guys today and had an interesting conversation. Supposedly they stopped the credit line on the STL pilots credit cards and have been told to use personal cash for all pilot expenses? And no per diem to make matters worse?

Any confirmation on this? Hope it’s not true but if so....OUCH.

Its true from what I understand as well. Things are going down the tubes fast.

Its true from what I understand as well. Things are going down the tubes fast.
Do you guys believe everything you're told, or just the negative sh-t?

Unless you have been told BY a STL based pilot, then you can count on the fact that it's tainted rumor.

Latest resources

Back