• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Finally Over

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AOL wins as the best value, for the cost of nothing!!

AOL -- a $675 dollar tie for nothing.

USAPA -- 2.5% for a few years, for nothing.

ALPA -- 1.9% for decades for nothing.

Actually, the money you spent on USAPA bought you (East pilots) 7 years of capitalizing on all growth and expansion (except pay rates, sorry) that resulted in our merger at the small expense of 1/3 of the pilots they "represented". I'm sure you see that as a fair and sound investment. AOL has kept you from locking in your entitlement dreams of long term decimation of my (West pilot's) future as well, so that's worth it to me (sorry for not just rolling over like Bradford promised).

ALPA may not be perfect, but they are supported by an army of volunteers that worked pretty hard. Like all big organizations, politics play(s/ed) too much of an influence. Prater certainly was willing to bypass constitutional requirements by going to bat for a re-do for your "date of hire" dream after the binding arbitration had concluded. I guess that didn't work out the way you expected, either. Although we are in a slightly adversarial situation with APA now, I hope in the long run we will find them to provide outstanding representation. After the last seven years, nearly anything will be an improvement.

Well said Becket! My you sound like a classy guy. Maybe living in desert really does fu!k your head up. Look at all the nut jobs in the Middle East. What is payback gonna be exactly? You and general Lee gonna kidnap easties and put them in orange jumpsuits?

TO "F"~ING FUNNY,
WELL DONE SIR!
:beer:

The" I hate ALPA" cost you 250K and at least 60 vacation days during your I will work under LOA 93 for life over the NIC. phase!!! A tie was just 675, a bargain compared to your lost income...Sounds like you got these arbitrations in the bag, haven't I seen this movie before?

Turt must not have been at US long enough to remember that ALPA got him profit sharing and the highest book rates in the industry along with an insider at the very top of ALPA. Overwhelming ignorance and stupidity unwound all of that in short order. Luckily AWA and AA came along to allow him to rebuild the tatterrs of his career. The AWA pilots paid for his career rehab but the AA pilots will not be so generous.

I'll bet he brags about how clever USAPA was. He probably has his mom help him with his clip-on.

Turt must not have been at US long enough to remember that ALPA got him profit sharing and the highest book rates in the industry along with an insider at the very top of ALPA. Overwhelming ignorance and stupidity unwound all of that in short order. Luckily AWA and AA came along to allow him to rebuild the tatterrs of his career. The AWA pilots paid for his career rehab but the AA pilots will not be so generous.

I'll bet he brags about how clever USAPA was. He probably has his mom help him with his clip-on.

Those rates were awesome for the few months they lasted. :D

USAPA's success has been inversely proportional to your love for them.

You talking about someone's mom... nothing from you surprises me. :)

Since when do SLI arbitrators decide the fairness of the status quo? The legitimacy and fairness of the status quo is a given in SLI arbitrations. That's why it is the status quo. Bye, bye, poser. :)

You guys signed the dotted line after choosing Nicolau. You're gonna lose d-weed!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Amazed at the level of high schoolers here. Is it just me, or has FI gone so down hill over the last few years? (haven't been here much after I've recovered from a furlough/cargo world tour) On a separate topic wasn't it proven the Genital wasn't the all knowing Delta Pilot God he made himself out to be? (Bag room expert, Lav Service Manager?) I'm not putting those type positions down, I've done them on my climb up the aviation industry ladder, but I didn't have a big mouth at that time either claiming to be something that I wasn't online.

Last edited:
The" I hate ALPA" cost you 250K and at least 60 vacation days during your I will work under LOA 93 for life over the NIC. phase!!! A tie was just 675, a bargain compared to your lost income...Sounds like you got these arbitrations in the bag, haven't I seen this movie before?

Why is it that the west girls always complain about the East salaries?

It's not how much you make, it's what you do with it.

Last edited:
You are the guys always talking about the $675 ties , we are just showing you your financial blunders...That "girl" comment was a nice touch coming from a person of such high esteem.

Latest resources

Back