• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Are you a member?

• I be a member.

Votes: 231 78.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 64 21.7%

• Total voters
Now that's a new one, most AOPA guys are geeks anyway, right :)

Heyas,

I know you slipped the simley in there, but I'd thought I'd throw in that most GA pilots I've met are pretty good guys/gals. Sure, you're going to have a certain percentage of tools in any population, but from my experience, the good guy/a$$hat ratio seems much more favorable than in the population at large.

Nu

Disagree

I could not disagree more with the anti AOPA rhetoric, and usually from someone with nothing to loose if GA gets hit with user fees and less access.

I also did not like the amount of mail I received from AOPA, a simple call to them took care of it. I rarely get anything now that is not worth looking at.

CalifDan

Last edited:
Who said that a geek is not a good guy. I've managed to afford to fly as much as I have because of my GEEKINESS. :)

Geeks are most assuradely good people. I hope that I didn't offend any geeks out there.

Heyas,

I know you slipped the simley in there, but I'd thought I'd throw in that most GA pilots I've met are pretty good guys/gals. Sure, you're going to have a certain percentage of tools in any population, but from my experience, the good guy/a$$hat ratio seems much more favorable than in the population at large.

Nu

WOW, Old Thread!

Yeah, I'm guessing somebody found it in a search and voted in the poll, which bumped it back to the top. Look a couple of pages back and you'll see I did the same thing a long time ago.

Proud member since 1976.

So it is mostly GA, remember, this whole thing of ours (sounds like a Soprano skit) started out as a GA thing. If you forget your roots as a GA guy or gal, you should consider yourself a busdriver.

AOPA helps everybody. ALPA doesn't sem to help anybody.

Little guy, or big guy. Your choice.

Hung

My wife and I are both members.I read the message boards,but I would never post there-the "goob factor" is off the scale.For example,a newly minted private pilot has an airline trip coming up and wants to know if he should tell the gate agent he's a pilot.No,I am not making this up.It's a lot of the same stuff,i.e,"high wing or low wing ?","Slip with flaps ?" or "Can you roll a 172 ?".Kinda like here.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back