• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Final Agreement reached

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gup, talk about "running out the clock" . . your election cycle requires 45 days. . . . for what?

Do you guys have to make landfall in your yachts in the Baja, then undertake the hazardous overland journey to DAL (with an obligatory stop at the Alamo) chisel your stone tablet, and cast your vote in person?

We vote on-line . . .Our last election closed in 15 days. Get with the 90's, would ya? ;)
All the while your NC/MEC/legal are banking frequent flier miles.

You guys have heard of the FAX machine, right? Skype maybe? We have cell phones as well. Please don't throw the stones from your glass hanger.

Your MEC votes no - SWAPA will use the remaining time preparing for arbitration. Your guys have run out the clock doing whatever it is they needed to do for the past almost 3 weeks.

Gup
Actually, that's exactly what our MC said today. That there was not enough time to do any more meaningful negotiation, even if the MEC kills it, and that they'll go through the motions of Mediation, but that it will primarily be in preparation for arbitration.

They did say that there was an opportunity for a deal to be struck at any time prior to an arbitration RULING, and that it's not uncommon for that to happen.

Lots of interesting information today. I got to spend half an hour one-on-one at lunch with the ALPA attorneys today, was very enlightening. Some things I didn't know, some clarification on others, and some new viewpoints to consider.

I still think it's too close to call on what the MEC or even our pilot group will do...

As an aside, they *DID* verify one of my primary concerns, that as we transition pilots to SWA, our Red-eyes and CDO's are probably going to stop on the 737 side, which will make us overstaffed by 1 crew per aircraft. They will probably only take 5 crews per aircraft, diluting our line values and increasing our already-inflated reserves (everyone will be making just guarantee for a LONG time).

The extra crews left over will fill in the Southwest attrition the next 3 years during integration, which means SWA upgrades will go to zero for 3 years as they absorb our overstaffing. Sucks, sorry. :(

Actually, that's exactly what our MC said today. That there was not enough time to do any more meaningful negotiation, even if the MEC kills it, and that they'll go through the motions of Mediation, but that it will primarily be in preparation for arbitration.

They did say that there was an opportunity for a deal to be struck at any time prior to an arbitration RULING, and that it's not uncommon for that to happen.

Lots of interesting information today. I got to spend half an hour one-on-one at lunch with the ALPA attorneys today, was very enlightening. Some things I didn't know, some clarification on others, and some new viewpoints to consider.

I still think it's too close to call on what the MEC or even our pilot group will do...

As an aside, they *DID* verify one of my primary concerns, that as we transition pilots to SWA, our Red-eyes and CDO's are probably going to stop on the 737 side, which will make us overstaffed by 1 crew per aircraft. They will probably only take 5 crews per aircraft, diluting our line values and increasing our already-inflated reserves (everyone will be making just guarantee for a LONG time).

The extra crews left over will fill in the Southwest attrition the next 3 years during integration, which means SWA upgrades will go to zero for 3 years as they absorb our overstaffing. Sucks, sorry. :(

That's too bad, that they didn't want to do anymore negotiating. IF this thing does go to arbitration, I see a few things that COULD happen. Number 1, there won't be the top 1500 guys without an Airtran Captain up there. Number 2, there won't be 650 Airtran guys essentially stapled to the bottom. And Number 3, there won't be goofy rules about Southwest FOs upgrading before senior Airtran FOs. Nope. Oh well, GOOD LUCK DUDES!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Lear,

How would a deal reached prior to the arbitration ruling be ratified? Just blessed by the arbitrator or back to the phase we're in now?

And the hits just keep on coming...

Hence the diluted doh aip. We have 2 sets of crews. Airtran has more per plane. Ive tried to explain this a few times.

Did you meet AS today?

You just now figured that out? You guys are already overstaffed per our model. Throw in a little overlap, -800's stealing 6 crews for every 3 deliveries, eliminating red-eyes.

It ALL smoke and mirrors. My only hope is that you're VERY junior captains will be *************************ing miserable on the bottom and bail, leaving a few bones for our FO's. I'm hear to tell you there ain't no easy way to get to Oakland!

Gup

That's too bad, that they didn't want to do anymore negotiating. IF this thing does go to arbitration, I see a few things that COULD happen. Number 1, there won't be the top 1500 guys without an Airtran Captain up there. Number 2, there won't be 650 Airtran guys essentially stapled to the bottom. And Number 3, there won't be goofy rules about Southwest FOs upgrading before senior Airtran FOs. Nope. Oh well, GOOD LUCK DUDES!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Your forgot 4,5,6,7. I'll fill you in later.

More phantom threats? Is arbitration an option in the Process Agreement?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Nope. That's delta battle cry I guess. More talking points about threats. More threats. Darn threats. Those boys again makin threats. Such a threatening situation. Oh those threats. T h r e a t s. D a r n.

Seriously? Can we have an intellectual conversation at least?

Moving on from your odd reply.... Yes there is a possibility of arbitration. Yes it will happen if any one group votes no. Are we good now? Do we all finally understand this?

I asked you about two months ago in regards to post arbitration. I still have not received an answer. I suppose we are too worried about those dang threats. Darn southwestern pilots.

Latest resources

Back