• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Final Agreement reached

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let's use DAL/NWA as an example. It means that once the Integrated Seniority List was issued, that any items DALPA negotiates on or for our behalf must stand up to scrutiny if later challenged to not fairly represent NWA pilots' best interests.

If there's any question, an individual or a group can file a DFR suit in Federal Court (not the grievance process). If DALPA's actions are found to be hostile, retaliatory, or discriminatory towards NWA pilots alone, it could cost DALPA hundreds of millions.

Unions go well out of their way to avoid even the appearance of a DFR violation. I believe one of your female pilots ended up with a sizable out-of-court settlement for something similar fairly recently...?

Not sure what female your talking about . Maybe your reference is a female at AT. You seem to get your facts wrong a lot I have noticed .

Rejecting a negotiated deal (one in which the CEO was involved, you know the bottom line person), a deal which offers EVERY AAI pilot a significant raise, a more stable career at a well established carrier, well that is a ballsy move and may just be the posturing of a few internet olympians...heck it may not pass on the SWA side...total POS that disregards DOH and has many AAI pilots making more than the SWA pilots...

Let's use DAL/NWA as an example. It means that once the Integrated Seniority List was issued, that any items DALPA negotiates on or for our behalf must stand up to scrutiny if later challenged to not fairly represent NWA pilots' best interests.

If there's any question, an individual or a group can file a DFR suit in Federal Court (not the grievance process). If DALPA's actions are found to be hostile, retaliatory, or discriminatory towards NWA pilots alone, it could cost DALPA hundreds of millions.

Unions go well out of their way to avoid even the appearance of a DFR violation. I believe one of your female pilots ended up with a sizable out-of-court settlement for something similar fairly recently...?

Single carrier status ......

SWAPA doesn't control the 717 rates. SWA does, and they want a negotiated settlement. Anything less and I don't think the company will want to negotiate higher rates.

Thats understandable. We need to get this done to grow. But no SWA person should be harmed more than needed to be.

Why not? Your CEO decided to do this deal. An arbitrator could decide who could go where on the list, and then you can decide who got "harmed.". The AT guys will have to decide that, so it's out if your hands.

OYS

This is just ME! Well I feel that your all about ME comments are exactly what we don't want at SWA. Everyone has to take a hit in this deal. " I can't take a 3.91 year seniority loss". Cry me a river!

I am upset with how some of the AT guy's are now in the position of what more can we get! All the SWA guy's blew a f-ing top when the on the CUSP AT fo's got a longevity pay bump. Now we have AT captians that have said "I just want to keep my seat", but can't take a seniority hit.

I am sorry but being a SWA JR FO and very grateful to work here, all I see is "ME" on the AT side. I just don't get it! Can't you people look down the road and see the future. I made sacrifice to be part of SWA, so do YOU! It's called success sharing. If you don't like the QOL and $ you will get at SWA, Quit!

Lear 70 is the only level headed person on this board and I wouldn't mind
pulling his gear, but not for some punk b eatch entitled AT Capt!

GK AND SWA ARE BEING MORE THAN GENEROUS!

Cry me a river, you are getting desperate. You did make sacrifices to go to SWA----- 10,000 of them!! You also have had to fly through EL Paso too, which day after day could be pure torture. Maybe the AT guys should just give in, and give up everything. At least Oldmanpilot is ready and willing. Now that guy is OLD, and easily persuaded.

OYS

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back