• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Final Agreement reached

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
. So which airframe could be seat locked for life at 60% pay?

What you wrote is a DFR issue. You can do it, but you have to do it to everybody. In other words, if you lower the rates for the 717 you can't trap AirTran pilots on it for life. You may also find that the Arbiter sets the seat locks.

SWA pilots would be flying the "low rate" airplane as well. Kind of defeats the purpose of the "evil plan".

Just a thought, from the evil lair.

After sitting here reading this stuff for an hour I had a realization. This is a waste of time. No one is changing anyones mind. It's like religion at this point. Also this thing is most likely doomed to fail either at the hands of the AAI MEC or the AAI membership. It's not worth discussing. I'm going to step away from the computer and go pick my kids up from school and take them to the Y to swim. See you all on the other side fo the Arbi

Cheers,
Ghetto

What you wrote is a DFR issue. You can do it, but you have to do it to everybody. In other words, if you lower the rates for the 717 you can't trap AirTran pilots on it for life. You may also find that the Arbiter sets the seat locks.

SWA pilots would be flying the "low rate" airplane as well. Kind of defeats the purpose of the "evil plan".

Just a thought, from the evil lair.

Not true, DFR will not hold against our SL8. Either AT's aircraft are in SWA paint or we give up section 1, and you will never grow. Your Fo's will never upgrade, and your JR capts will always be JR.

Not true, DFR will not hold against our SL8. Either AT's aircraft are in SWA paint or we give up section 1, and you will never grow. Your Fo's will never upgrade, and your JR capts will always be JR.

So, pretty much the same as this proposed agreement ..... ;)

We were discussing 717 Rates. The non integration argument has already flown the coop.

So, pretty much the same as this proposed agreement ..... ;)
Minus a 40% pay cut, no chance to ever cross to the SWA side, absorbs 100% of all furloughing, no seat protections, no FO A scale plus pay, no me -too clause, no ATL one way fence, other than that, yes, same as the deal now.

Last edited:
Minus a 40% pay cut, no chance to ever cross to the SWA side, absorbs 100% of all furloughing, no seat protections, no FO A scale plus pay, no me -too clause, no ATL one way fence, other than that, yes, same as the deal now.

Your boss has already told you that he's going to integrate. So you're going to have to try do all of that stuff to members of your own union.

How are do you think you'll get around a DFR lawsuit when that list is read to a judge ?

It's pretty disgusting that any union would even consider that just for a seniority bump. It sounds like Michael Vick is running the show over there.

So you compare our in house union to a thug that tortures animals. Then on the Jet blue thread you are bashing ALPA saying they are not doing anything for you as you list the ALPA mergers that have not been perfect in your eyes. So where does that leave you? Teamster? Seiu? Inhouse? What? If you are a Valuejet guy, I understand since you have been lost since birth but you sound plum out of options.

So you compare our in house union to a thug that tortures animals. Then on the Jet blue thread you are bashing ALPA saying they are not doing anything for you as you list the ALPA mergers that have not been perfect in your eyes. So where does that leave you? Teamster? Seiu? Inhouse? What? If you are a Valuejet guy, I understand since you have been lost since birth but you sound plum out of options.

Yup. You got me ....Ex Eastern Valujet guy and damn proud of it. If you've got a few minutes I'd like to tell you about the DC9. Or as we call it "The 9".

Lets start off with flight controls, and the importance of the 'Porkchop' .....

This is just ME! Well I feel that your all about ME comments are exactly what we don't want at SWA. Everyone has to take a hit in this deal. " I can't take a 3.91 year seniority loss". Cry me a river!

I am upset with how some of the AT guy's are now in the position of what more can we get! All the SWA guy's blew a f-ing top when the on the CUSP AT fo's got a longevity pay bump. Now we have AT captians that have said "I just want to keep my seat", but can't take a seniority hit.

I am sorry but being a SWA JR FO and very grateful to work here, all I see is "ME" on the AT side. I just don't get it! Can't you people look down the road and see the future. I made sacrifice to be part of SWA, so do YOU! It's called success sharing. If you don't like the QOL and $ you will get at SWA, Quit!

Lear 70 is the only level headed person on this board and I wouldn't mine pulling his gear, but not for some punk b eatch entitled AT Capt!

GK AND SWA ARE BEING MORE THAN GENEROUS!

Tex,

With all due respect, we're going to have to agree to disagree.

Yup. You got me ....Ex Eastern Valujet guy and damn proud of it. If you've got a few minutes I'd like to tell you about the DC9. Or as we call it "The 9".

Lets start off with flight controls, and the importance of the 'Porkchop' .....

Don't forget to start your sentence with, "Back at Eastern . . . ".

Also, during the takeoff roll, make sure to push forward on the yoke really hard " . . . because that's how we did it on the Electra". :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back