• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Final Agreement reached

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You know this has been stated time and time again, yet why are we having to decide on an agreement where continued employment or other undefined threats that may or may not have been made by GK and company are part of our decision process. Feels real similar to what we've been dealing with for 6 years.

Well I dont think our side is to happy either. Go on the SWAPA forum, or pprune ( some of the AT guys are on it already ) and read what the SWA pilots thinks. I personally do not think the is going to pass the SWA side.

So tell me Music, what would you change? I know what the SWA would like to change. I doubt the AT guys would be willing to give the changes that the SWA side wants.

I do not think either side has anything to give the other side. Both sides view this a a raw deal.

Well I dont think our side is to happy either. Go on the SWAPA forum, or pprune ( some of the AT guys are on it already ) and read what the SWA pilots thinks. I personally do not think the is going to pass the SWA side.

So tell me Music, what would you change? I know what the SWA would like to change. I doubt the AT guys would be willing to give the changes that the SWA side wants.

I do not think either side has anything to give the other side. Both sides view this a a raw deal.

What are the changes the SWA side wants? Im really curious, not flaming.

I'm pretty certain it will fail vote here as well.

It may not even make it out of MEC vote, the MKE pilots are gearing up to force their F/O rep to vote yes or they'll recall her. The MCO reps are calling their CA's and F/O's and so far not a single "Yes" vote as of yesterday afternoon (yes, some of our most senior CA's in the company are in MCO and are voting No).

Those reps will take that consensus to the vote on Thursday and, if they vote the wishes of their pilots they represent, combined with two ATL reps who are already known "No" votes and the possible 2nd ATL F/O Rep voting "No", it'll die by simple majority at the MEC before it ever goes for vote.

Then we go to mediation, and that's the problem: both sides have nowhere to go that will pass membership. If this middle-of-the-road deal can't pass, then certainly nothing that takes MORE from either side will pass, and we're headed to arbitration.

Lear,

"IF" what you say is true, that the ATL reps are voting No, then its a done deal. All they have to do is call for a roll call vote, vote no and it over.

Lear70,

I hope that AAI votes this down than the onus will be on your group...but are you guys nuts? AAI CPS seat protected until 2020, AAI senior FOs longevity increase, all AAI pilots receiving a raise and a career at a more successful and stable carrier??

Again I hope and really do believe you will vote this down, but talk about looking a "gift horse in the mouth"...if arbitration and resultant negotiations between SWAPA and SWA do not go in the former AAI pilots favor, you will have a serious case of "self ass kicking" to deal with...

I'm curious also. What does the SWA side want? It's pretty obvious what the AT pilots want.

We want AAI to vote this AIP down...it will pass on the SWA side (IMHO)

I'm pretty certain it will fail vote here as well.

It may not even make it out of MEC vote, the MKE pilots are gearing up to force their F/O rep to vote yes or they'll recall her. The MCO reps are calling their CA's and F/O's and so far not a single "Yes" vote as of yesterday afternoon (yes, some of our most senior CA's in the company are in MCO and are voting No).

Those reps will take that consensus to the vote on Thursday and, if they vote the wishes of their pilots they represent, combined with two ATL reps who are already known "No" votes and the possible 2nd ATL F/O Rep voting "No", it'll die by simple majority at the MEC before it ever goes for vote.

Then we go to mediation, and that's the problem: both sides have nowhere to go that will pass membership. If this middle-of-the-road deal can't pass, then certainly nothing that takes MORE from either side will pass, and we're headed to arbitration.

Respectfully Lear you are wrong. I have emailed my reps in MCO 3 times indicating I want to vote on this. To date I have not received a call or reply from either GP or CG. So if they are calling folks they are selectively calling. I guess you can skew the results of any poll by choosing the right people to poll or asking the question a different way. I have spoken with several yes voters.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back