• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BILL LUMBERG

This takes 2 minutes of your day to protect a lifetime of earnings....:beer:

Norwegian Air International Call to Action

Urge Your Senators to Vote YES on the Klobuchar-Coats-Schatz-Blunt Amendment, Deny NAI

Action is needed now in the U.S. Senate! Pilots scored a major victory to Deny NAI on June 9 when the U.S. House of Representatives unanimously passed the Westmoreland-DeFazio Amendment to H.R. 4745, the FY 2015 Transportation Appropriations bill. Not one member of the House of Representatives opposed our efforts to level the playing field for U.S. pilots.

The amendment simply requires that DOT follow U.S. law and labor protection provisions of the U.S.-EU Open Skies Agreement when considering an application for a foreign air carrier permit. The strength of our collective voice was heard by the House. Now we must make our voices resonate in the U.S. Senate!

Senators Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), Dan Coats (R-IN), Brian Schatz (D-HI) and Roy Blunt (R-MO) will offer an amendment during the week of June 16 when the Senate takes up its FY 2015 Transportation Appropriations bill (S. 2438). This amendment mirrors the amendment passed in the House. Debate could start as soon as Monday, June 16, so the time to act is now! If you have already signed the petition and/or participated in the Call to Action to the House of Representatives, it is time to step up again for Round 2. Your efforts are working! Take Action Today to send a message to your U.S. senator. Also call your senators through the Capitol switchboard 202-224-3121 and urge him or her to vote YES on the Klobuchar-Coats-Schatz-Blunt Amendment to Deny NAI! Every email, tweet, and phone call counts

Already done and done again.

Please spread the word

I've run across a few who thought the government had already rejected them.
(The danger of winning just one battle)

Looks like it's been tabled for now with Senate in-fighting.

Let's keep an eye on it and call if it goes to the Senate floor.

Oh yeah? Where'd you hear that Red?

It was in a post from our Government Affairs guys late last night.

They said there was a collapse of the Energy and Water appropriations that has kind of derailed the amendments for now. I must admit it makes my head spin with regards to how Congress operates.

Tried to find a link on line, but was unsuccessful.

It has been tabled in the Senate unfortunately. We received a blastmail from our
Governmental Affairs Committee Chairman last night.

It was in a post from our Government Affairs guys late last night.

They said there was a collapse of the Energy and Water appropriations that has kind of derailed the amendments for now. I must admit it makes my head spin with regards to how Congress operates.

Tried to find a link on line, but was unsuccessful.

red, congress operates??? Those bums haven't done much if anything at all in the last decade!!!!!

Latest resources

Back