• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fight outsourcing!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey, I don't disagree, but this is the market doing what the consumer wants, cheapest airfare. As soon as the masses hear we are trying to protect our jobs and pay over their cheap air service, how do you think a senator will vote?

Yes, I have already called all my senators to urge them to vote to keep these guys out.

Hey, I don't disagree, but this is the market doing what the consumer wants, cheapest airfare. As soon as the masses hear we are trying to protect our jobs and pay over their cheap air service, how do you think a senator will vote?

Yes, I have already called all my senators to urge them to vote to keep these guys out.

^^^^^^^^ Sad but true

Frame it differently.

This is about us protecting our jobs, but it's also about national autonomy and the right for nations to make laws that can be upheld-

Flag of convenience is about much more than job protection

Bill- when mayor's come out in support of these things they NEED TO FEEL IT POLITICALLY.

Orlando mayor just got a letter along with cc to every major media outlet highlighting this

I urge you all to support

Frame it differently.

This is about us protecting our jobs, but it's also about national autonomy and the right for nations to make laws that can be upheld-

Flag of convenience is about much more than job protection

Until the consumer wants it made cheaper like his iphone, from China, or lawn furniture from Thailand, or Levi's from Mexico. Right after those things, then he'll say to himself "self, I want cheaper airfare, I guess I'll google cheap airfare", and he finds the NAI website and buys it without a second thought that his kids won't have a job in ten years.

I made a prediction about five years ago this would be happening, it is, we now have Barista's, not electrical engineers.

I don't think you've thought this idea of yours all the way to its end scoreboard.
If they end up operating, then we organize and we fight- just like now- and cross further issues at hand at the time

Wave, fight how if the senators won't back us? Insurrection? Strike?

I'm just saying we've all seen this before in other forms, steel mills going to China, auto manufacturing, electronics.

The only reason any of those jobs stay or come back to the US is the labor costs have dropped to a level equivalent to overseas workers plus shipping.

If NAI or others get their feet in the door, our US aviation industry will collapse, and only recover when wages drop.

Another reason FOR NAI!

Air Rage: airfares climbing at fastest clip in 15 years

By Jeff Macke June 18, 2014 8:12 AM Breakout

Flight cancellations, hour long security lines, endless delays and rapidly rising airline fares are turning the friendly skies into fight club. A day after footage of one man's mile-high meltdown went viral came news that might make you want to throw a seat cushion or two yourself: airline fare prices jumped 6% in May. It's the steepest one-month increase in 15 years.
The price hikes come despite the fact that the U.S. travel experience has in some ways never been worse. Once again this year no U.S. carrier managed to crack the top 20 in a rating of the best airlines by Business Insider. At SkyTrax only Jet Blue and Virgin U.S. qualify for even four stars (out of five) on their ratings of hundreds of global carriers. Those two airlines account for less than 5.2% of U.S. traffic and Virgin isn't even a U.S. company. For the sake of comparison Kazakhstan has the same number of fully domestic based carriers with a four star rating.
Of course don't blame the record mergers that have given four U.S. carriers 80% of the market. Unless you're a spokesperson for an airline lobbyist in which case you can do exactly that. Explaining the rising fares Victoria Day of Airlines for America said "the growth in air travel demand has been exceeding the growth in supply" says Day, almost trying to infuriate you. "And consumer purchasing power is actually increasing with gains in household net worth"
In other words, sure the airlines are gauging you a little bit, but only because the government lets them and you can afford it. Here's another thing that's moving higher: air rage. According to the IATA "incidents" like the one last weekend rose 57% in 2013. Don't look for that trend or airfares to move lower anytime soon.

Pilots salaries will only go down if there are pilots to fly for those wages. With the lack of pilots willing to fly for low wages, and US majors increasing pay with the last few cpas(Us and aa kind of), foreign carriers will have to pay competitive wages.

What alpa needs to be doing is going after those pilot groups instead of alienating them also.

Latest resources

Back