• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FFDO HK offer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd think of it like a gear horn on a piston single, folks still land 'em gear up. The double-action is pretty idiot proof, and the trigger pull is really really long and really heavy.

The regular USP .40 compact (double action only) would have a heavy trigger pull. This particular model has the LEM trigger, which makes significantly lighter. Can't wait to get mine.

Does anyone no what kind of piece the FFDO had with the accidental discharge in the cockpit? I think there used to be a you tube video of someone showing how it could have happened.

I've been using the production USP 9mm for competition - mainly because of price for the ammo. It can carried cocked and locked, if you're so inclined, and the decocking lever is incorporated with the safety.

One argument for a handgun is that it can be kept in a mini-safe and is quickly accessible in the dark without fussing with trigger locks, etc.

http://www.gunvault.com/

I'm a little concerned that the Pilot HK doesn't have a safety since it will be handled by my fiance (and myself for that matter).

Safety in a firearm is in a straight finger and in your head. One should NEVER rely on a mechanical safety.

Lack of a safety on a handgun is a plus, especially in a firearm such as the USP Compact. It's not necessary, and the only possible benefit one might be would involve a weapons takeaway; an engaged safety might buy you a short time to draw a backup weapon and shoot your assailant. However, unless you're carrying a backup weapon, and unless you're carrying in the open where a takeaway is a possibility, then the manual safety presents no benefit to you.

The LEM trigger is a double action trigger with a light pull up until the break, then trigger stacking with a stiff break, and a short reset. It's specificially designed for law enforcement use, and it's a good design.

Rather than worry about a manual safety, learn to handle a firearm properly, learn to handle this firearm. You're the safety, which is as it should be.

Does anyone no what kind of piece the FFDO had with the accidental discharge in the cockpit?

"Piece?"

If you're referring to his handgun; it's the same as in the offer. A HK USP Compact .40 S&W with the LEM trigger...same as all the issue handguns for the FFDO program.

When I had my USP I sent it back to HK to be modified for single-action-only. It could be carried cocked and locked 1911 style-the difference being no grip safety.

I was pretty happy with it, the trigger pull was very consistent but a bit on the 'rough' side for my taste, I was used to a smithed Colt Commander though.

The best safety option and most lethal component is a trained and proficient shooter. Whatever you get, don't just buy it and stick it under your pillow.

Just curious though. Why would someone buy a standard USP and convert it for single action only? It can already be carried cocked and locked or hammer-down for double action.

First Question at Gunsite, firearms training center. Instructors are SEALS, MI5, LA Swat, (think best in the world)

What is the best weapon you can have for home protection? Answer, the meanest, baddest automatic shotgun you can afford.
Benelli 121 M1, lives with one in the chamber, while its on duty. Straight up the finest combat shotgun in the 80s. Cyclic rate that embarrasses the MP5, in terms of lead down range!
PBR

First Question at Gunsite, firearms training center. Instructors are SEALS, MI5, LA Swat, (think best in the world)

What is the best weapon you can have for home protection? Answer, the meanest, baddest automatic shotgun you can afford.
Benelli 121 M1, lives with one in the chamber, while its on duty. Straight up the finest combat shotgun in the 80s. Cyclic rate that embarrasses the MP5, in terms of lead down range!
PBR
Tryin' to fit one of these in the Benz:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqcROzGCwfA

Latest resources

Back