• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FFDO criticizes TSA gets visited at home by six LEOs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For people that dont remember history it will definitely repeat itself if you dont learn from it. I have been around long enough to remember this!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Southwest_Airlines_Flight_1771

This crash is what started the whole "Flight Crew/Everybody" needs to go through security checks so this "CANT" happen again. Here we are 23 years later and some ground crews still swipe through with no security checks whatsoever! U-N-B-E-L-I-V-A-B-L-E

My hats off to the Pilot for posting those videos. It brings to light what is still wrong with the system. I just feel sorry he's being punished for being honest and showing the truth and lack of security for everyone just to save money.

I don't believe in the FFDO program, it is a crock of you know what, there is no reason to have a loaded gun in the cockpit........

I think the Pilots that passed away (and there families) in the 911 terrorist crash would beg to differ with you!

If Useful Idiots like you can't see the problem with divulging lapses in security then maybe you should go back to your community college and get a clue.
After reading all of your replies, especially this one, it seems you're more upset with the pilot for divulging the lapses in security than you are with the DHS/TSA for actually having lapses in security. Am I reading your replies wrong, or are you actually being a staunch apologist for the government and all of their ineptness?

Kharma Police said:
What would happen to the Sheriff if this guy turned out to be a nut job like Timmy McVeigh and they didn't pull his permit when they had the opportunity to do so?
This is exactly why nothing gets accomplished. Your type, and those of the DHS/TSA/Every other branch of the Government, is more worried about protecting your image than you are of accomplishing anything of substance.

If anyone is serious about airport security, we should be celebrating this Pilot for what he's exposed (if he's really exposed anything that everyone didn't already know). Because if the TSA were really serious about fixing it, they would have accomplished it already. They've had almost 10 years to fix the holes and they don't seem too concerned to close them.

Last edited:
I don't believe in the FFDO program, it is a crock of you know what, there is no reason to have a loaded gun in the cockpit........

Then don't become an FFDO. I very much believe in the program. It has made all flight crew and passengers safer. The fact that there might be an armed pilot is a deterrent to hijacking. You should thank the guys at your airline who are FFDOs.

Ask all the LEO's to pack their weapons and check their bags ....time to send a message.

That is an ineresting concept! Imma think on that a bit.

Captain's authoritah .vs big sista'?

Very interesting conversation gents.

Has anyone considered the effect this guy's meltdown might have on the implementation of crewpass?

Ground pounders with SIDA badges can and do go through a card reader door. They have a SIDA badge and supposedly have gone through a background investigation to be issued one. The one main hinderence to us pilots going through the same door is SIDA badges are locally issued and there is no national SIDA badge system. Crews can and in some places do go through a door swipe system and it is legal under TSA rules. The TSA only says if you do go through general public security to get to the gate you have to jump through their ever changing and inconsistently applied rules.

If some cowboy decides the rampers, for whatever reason "must" go through a bag & person screening, then why allow anyone any alternative means of gaining access to the SIDA area?

I feel this pilots meltdown was misdirected, ineffective and could prove to be very counterproductive to the greater goal of crewpass. Just because some person throws bags, speaks a different language and has a lower paying job does not mean he is less patriotic or less security minded than we are.

I will agree we are punishing 100% of the people for the actions of a very small group of nutjobs. There has to be a more cost effective and smarter way to do security.

Originally Posted by batsky2000

Why cain't I find this idjit's post anywhere other than being quoted?

Originally Posted by batsky2000

Why cain't I find this idjit's post anywhere other than being quoted?

Page 4, second from the bottom, read the whole paragraph.

OK, again, explain to me the difference from a ramp worker going through an FBI background check and being issued a SIDA badge to bypass the security checkpoints, and an FFDO who takes a course, is issued a gun and bypasses security, there is NONE, so if I go take the FFDO course, I too can bypass the x-ray machine and metal detector, that sounds like a really secure system, that allows an FFDO to be able to carry anything he wants in his bags or on him and bypass the security lines.....

That will be the next one tried by a terrorist, they will get someone hired by one of the airlines, they will get trainied as an FFDO, then make it through security without ever having their bags checked and they will have a loaded weapon, excellent................ and you wonder why no other country in the world allows loaded weapons in the cockpit.........

OK, again, explain to me the difference from a ramp worker going through an FBI background check and being issued a SIDA badge to bypass the security checkpoints, and an FFDO who takes a course, is issued a gun and bypasses security, there is NONE, so if I go take the FFDO course, I too can bypass the x-ray machine and metal detector, that sounds like a really secure system, that allows an FFDO to be able to carry anything he wants in his bags or on him and bypass the security lines.....

That will be the next one tried by a terrorist, they will get someone hired by one of the airlines, they will get trainied as an FFDO, then make it through security without ever having their bags checked and they will have a loaded weapon, excellent................ and you wonder why no other country in the world allows loaded weapons in the cockpit.........

So....what would you think if the long-term, slow burn, clean-background planted terrorist in your scenario was a Federal Air Marshall (or FBI/Secret Service/ATF agent or any other local/state/federal law enforcement officer who was fully vetted with FBI background check if not SSBI and doesn't go through the TSA line) and not an FFDO?

Latest resources

Back