• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FFDO criticizes TSA gets visited at home by six LEOs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How is this guy different ffrom wikileaks?

Some people have made a cogent argument that the secret information leaked by wikileaks puts us citizens and allies in danger. Nobody can make a cogent argument that A. Any of this info he posted was secret in the first place and B. That anybody is in danger as a result of people knowing this.

Anybody that tries halfheartedly can figure out that ground crew bypasses security, and there is a crash axe in the cockpit...etc

Really, maybe in Kalifornia? Most of the rest of the nation doesn't seem to think so. Think "shall issue" as opposed to "may issue".

I agree, the bill of rights is not just a good idea, it is the law.

The statement you were responding to show just how well the brainwashing works.

I totally support this pilot. Although I think he knew he was throwing a grenade posting it, it may actually start a conversation on this security farce for ground crews, cleaners, etc. I hope so. (I'll look for him on Dancing with the Stars in '11!) I retired from the airline early, and GA has been great, but TSA IS dreaming of scanning me and my pax before getting on my GIV to TEB! Yep, they're coming after us next.

Last edited:
What would happen to the Sheriff if this guy turned out to be a nut job like Timmy McVeigh and they didn't pull his permit when they had the opportunity to do so?
Useless. Just because you take the CCW permit doesn't mean you'd stop someone from going loco. All it means is they can no longer carry a weapon concealed. But if someone is hellbent on breaking the law and commiting a crime, they will do so regardless of CCW or not. You have to admit, there was absolutely no reason to take away his CCW permit. Most statse have a list of things your permit can be revoked for. Posting a youtube video of airport security is NOT one of those things. The TSA/FFDO officials over-reacted by taking away his FFDO gun and status. But the California sheriff's office went waaaay beyond to take away his CCW. Again, it's California. It was nothing more than 'teaching him a lesson.' "That'll show him!" is the reaction our government officials have. Instead of getting the head TSA director on CNN to explain these security lapses, they go and punish him directly.

Useless. Just because you take the CCW permit doesn't mean you'd stop someone from going loco. All it means is they can no longer carry a weapon concealed. But if someone is hellbent on breaking the law and commiting a crime, they will do so regardless of CCW or not. You have to admit, there was absolutely no reason to take away his CCW permit. Most statse have a list of things your permit can be revoked for. Posting a youtube video of airport security is NOT one of those things. The TSA/FFDO officials over-reacted by taking away his FFDO gun and status. But the California sheriff's office went waaaay beyond to take away his CCW. Again, it's California. It was nothing more than 'teaching him a lesson.' "That'll show him!" is the reaction our government officials have. Instead of getting the head TSA director on CNN to explain these security lapses, they go and punish him directly.
After our debate from some years past, I agree with you! Merry Christmas.

This guy is a moron. He posts a video in a lapse of security of how workers can access the ramp by just swiping their ID cards. Well if people saw a video of how FFDO's can bypass security and not have to put their bags through the x-ray machine or go through the metal detectors just because they carry a gun and took a FFDO class, I think most of the general public would be pissed off just the same, knowing that these guys could carry anything they want in their bags or on them, so what was his point, he is doing exactly what he video taped other airport employees doing, bypassing security, not much difference there, and yes, I don't believe in the FFDO program, it is a crock of you know what, there is no reason to have a loaded gun in the cockpit........

Just to get the red herring of comparing this pilot to Julian Assange out of the way...

This pilot did not post sensitive/classified state communications, obtained and provided to him illegally, and subsequently post them on the internet for the world to see.

This pilot did not name names of Iraqi & Afghan informants to the US military that could put them and their families in grave danger.

This pilot did not divulge any SSI about TSA screening practices, at least not that I could tell from the news story.

Finally, this guy didn't "go into hiding" and threaten to release a "bomb" of documents if he or his website was persecuted.

This dude is NOTHING like Assange & wikileaks....

Latest resources

Back