• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Female CFI's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The chief pilot at my school is a woman, my examiner for 2 checkrides was a woman, and the instructor that gave me my BFR after a 2 yr pause in flying was a woman. I have no complaints what so ever.

The one that gave me my BFR was very hot as well and it was hard to concentrate :) She was a great instructor, very smart, but lacked her CFII at the time, so that was as far as that went.

FlyGirlFelicia said:
Just curious: How many people here fly with female CFI's? What is your experience? I'm eventually looking into becoming a CFI, and I've heard that some students prefer not to fly with a female flight instructor for a lot of crazy reasons. There are no women CFI's at the flight school I attend now, so I have nothing to compare it to. Just curious if it really makes a difference or not.

Thanks!

I"ve had two female instructors in my life time. One wasn't so great when I went for my private multi but the other was alot of fun to fly with. The second was was an IP when I was going through pilot training for the military. By the way I've also had great and not so great male instructors. The individual who is the instructor determines whether he/she will be good or not (common sense hopefully).

Crosswind79 said:
Only had one female CFI thru all my training...I didn't learn too much, but not because of her gender. I was too distracted because she was hotter than hell!!!
Ditto...except I had 2. :) I also had one female DE who was an ex test pilot for Cessna. Awesome pilot and learned a lot from her as well. This job/industry is more about personality than anything. You learn well from people you get along with, respect and understand...period.

Anyone ever join (or renew membership to) the mile high club with a hot female CFI, F/O, or Captain? I have.

My CFI was female and I have worked as a CFI with female instructors. There are good CFI's and bad CFI's. I have seen no correlation regarding gender.

cxcap said:
Anyone ever join (or renew membership to) the mile high club with a hot female CFI, F/O, or Captain? I have.
Ok, I call BS without somesort of story!

cxcap said:
I knew they must be good for something, just could never put my finger on it.

cap, story time perhaps?

I had two female CFIs.... they were both bitches.
Can we hear?!

3 5 0

Last edited:
Worst CFI I ever had was a female. On the other hand, the best CFI I ever had was a female.

But, to break the bubble on the "Gender doesn't matter" political bullsh!t, perhaps some studying into NTSB accident statistical data will help mold your training and your future students training.

Women and men do fly different and they also crash for different reasons. Statistically, but not a blanket rule, men will be involved in an aircraft accident because of poor decision making. ie., I have done this before, weight won't matter, I have the right stuff, that's not too much ice, it's not that bad of a thunderstorm, etc. Women, statistically, will be involved in an aircraft accident because they will mishandle the airplane. ie, poor stick skills, over/under speed, wrong configuration, x-wind, gear, flaps, etc.

Again, this is not blanket, but poor judgement by men 72% of accidents and poor stick skills by women 68% of accidents.

Women don't fly airplanes as well as men and men don't make as good of decisions as women. This will help to identify potential weaknesses and strengths in yourself and your students.

Latest resources

Back