Fellow pilot rat what to do?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flame....

this is bs, jumpseater, has the DUTY to inform the crew of any situation deemed unsafe, if they dont they are just as guilty.... flame thread... NO WAY DID THIS OCCUR... reasons are many, here's one: PAY, we get paid when we get pushed back..... two: just b/c johnny jumpseater says one thing about captain deice to the CP, cpt deice will NEVER get fired...

What IS odd is the OP's formatting. Is it a cut and paste job from somewhere else or an attempt in MSWord to concoct a good flame.

Yeah...I totally don't believe that one at all. I know airlines are terminate-crazy but thats a bit much right there.

I don't doubt it could happen. I believe there was something similar that happened at my company, although it was awhile ago and the details are fuzzy

Also, I remember one time I sat beside a Canadian FAA equivalent on a deadhead (UAX carrier, not Mesa or RAH). There was a little bit of snow above the main cabin door and he told me that if it were a Canadian carrier, the crew would have been violated. Didn't stop him from flying on it though, so apparently he didn't think there was a safety issue. Some people just live to be pricks.

If the original post dictates the facts, the deadheader should have a magnifying glass on him. Because he WILL screw up at some point. What goes around comes around. We have enough to worry about without rats in our ranks.

Here is he deal.

A pilot for our company was jumpseating and I guess he saw some snow on the wing. This pilot did not let the captain know that he had concerns. Maybe the capt never saw the snow, I don’t know. Then this jumpseater, same company, went home wrote a letter to management saying the captain did not deice, thus resulting in firing of the Captain. Jumpseater in my opinion who was a captain should of said something to the flying captain if he was that worried. Not go an rat out to mgt. later. How should we treat this fellow pilot in the company I mean that goes against all Pilot Code

What would you do?

I find this story hard to believe. How could the Captain get fired on what a jumpseater said. So anyone could just say a crewmeber did something wrong and they get fired? What proof was there that they took off with snow on the aircraft other then the word of the jumpseater? Was it actually snowing at the time? There has to be more to this story. Is this a union carrier? What did the union do for this Captain.

I find this story hard to believe. How could the Captain get fired on what a jumpseater said. So anyone could just say a crewmeber did something wrong and they get fired?

I just thought about this but what if this was the straw that broke the camel's back?

Not that I believe the story at all...just another angle...

I would have told management, and then I would have called his parents.

Latest resources

Back