Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

s3jetman

Here is he deal.

A pilot for our company was jumpseating and I guess he saw some snow on the wing. This pilot did not let the captain know that he had concerns. Maybe the capt never saw the snow, I don’t know. Then this jumpseater, same company, went home wrote a letter to management saying the captain did not deice, thus resulting in firing of the Captain. Jumpseater in my opinion who was a captain should of said something to the flying captain if he was that worried. Not go an rat out to mgt. later. How should we treat this fellow pilot in the company I mean that goes against all Pilot Code

What would you do?

If true, the guy sounds like scum. The fact that he didn't speak up when he noticed a safety of flight issue should get HIM fired.

I suppose I would watch my back around that guy. Nothing else you can really do.

no it was the captain that was flying that got fired. the captain that jumpseated, then told management was never called to the meeting which he should of been in my opinion. Yea i know just thought pilots, no matter how much we give each other sh**, still we have to support each other

sorry i miss read your post yea my feelings are that as well if you see a safety of flght issue at least say something to the captain in charge of the flight

Yeah I was saying it was the jumpseater that was scum, and that HE should have gotten the boot for not speaking up.

There is something fishy about this story though... It seems strange that someone would get canned based on a single source report. Not knowing the people involved, it seems a bit wierd to me.

What would you do?

Ensure that everyone at your company is made privy to this imbecile. If he were concerned for his own safety, he'd have said something or walked off. How can you have such a valid concern if you're still comfortable with JSing? Sounds to me like he had it in for the captain or the captain was already on the companies radar for termination.

Let's have his initials and company...if you're 100% certain (and i do mean 100%) that he did what you say, he deserves to be outed.

Nowadays, you always need to get sprayed off if there's even the slightest hint of contamination sticking, you never know who's back there in an over-wing window seat...fed, management, private pilot with cam, or a rat-bastard jumpseater.

I don't buy the story.

An unsubstantiated report leading to termination sounds like a wet dream for a trial lawyer!

Ok for the sake of arguement had this JS said something to the CA and he got blown off which followed by a call to mgt would he still be scum?

Not buying it either.

Dude is siting there thinking "Gee, sure hope we make it!". then he "makes it", and tells the boss? Uh uh.

Sounds like a flame 2 me....why would the captain knowingly let the aircraft fly and risk lives doing so....

Latest resources

Back