• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sj3 who got fired initials please.

Was the Gulfstream Captain a lifer or relativity new CA

How bout the A whole?

Ah yes, the dreaded caribbean icing experience; almost enough accumulation to see it with the naked eye. And it sticks for a full 5 minutes. Go Gulfsream!

Here's a thought....

What if the said jumpseater did notify the crew about snow on the wing and the crew didn't do anything about it. In otherwords, disregard of another crewmembers identification of snow on the wing (safety of flight issue).

What if your family rides on that airline? How would you deal with this situation if you were in jumpseaters shoes. Would you let it go? I know that I've seen some real dumb sh*t out on the line that has had me doubtful of safety. So...Let's hear the wisdom.

Last edited:
You might take yourself and the company you work for a little less seriously...

Sorry if I'm coming across that way. I'm really a pretty mellow guy. You can say what you want about me and especially my company (heaven knows I've been doing that a bit myself lately). I'll generally take it in pretty good humor. When people start throwing in misconceptions about religion, mine in particular, I gotta draw the line somewhere. I mean, I love a good joke, more than most people I think. And it's not like I ripped him a new arshole or anything. I just said that his attempt at humor was weak and lame... Which it was. I could break down why it was weak and lame, but honestly, I just don't have the energy.

I mean, if you are going to intolerantly and ignorantly ridicule religion, at least come up with something original. I'm guessing that Mr. Woody isn't initiated enough to do that. Granted, I've pretty much 'heard 'em all,' so my standards are pretty high.

-Goose

Edit: The best Mormon jokes are usually from the inside. You're not "one of us" until you can throw down a good green Jell-O joke. I'm waiting.

Last edited:

Cabin crew face trial after speaking up about icing on the wing

"Three US Airways flight attendants are facing a law suit filed by their pilot collegue demanding 2 million US$ in compensation for defamation, after they spoke up before departure on Jan 24th 2003, when they noticed ice accumulation on the wings of their airplane, which was to perform flight America West HP-851 from Calgary,AB (Canada) to Phoenix,AZ (USA). It took the common effort of all three flight attendants and three attempts, before the flight crew unwillingly agreed to de-ice the airplane. The airplane reached Phoenix on time and without incident.

The flight attendants reported the case to the FAA, which dropped proceedings against the pilots in 2006 stating, that they couldn't substantiate the allegations even though that doesn't mean, that they wouldn't believe the flight attendants. The first officer, put in charge by the captain to decide about de-icing, hired an attorney to represent him before the FAA, which cost him around 21000 US$. The first officer filed a law suit requesting 2 million US$ from the flight attendants in 2006.

US Airways let the flight attendants know, that they are on their own for that law suit, and wouldn't carry the bills for legal representation, even though they were on duty and following required crew cooperation procedures to ensure safety of flight.

Unknown to the flight attendants, Calgary Airport had filed an irregularity report as well, as ground staff had observed contamination of the wings and approached the flight crew asking, whether de-icing would be needed and received a blunt no.

The first officer admitted in a court deposition into the trial against the flight attendants, that there was frost on the wings of the aircraft indeed, but denied, that they were approached by the flight attendants until after having pushed back.

Latest resources

Back