Fellow pilot rat what to do?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flybywire, this is not a true story.

Sorry i have been away for a while. Yes this according to the captain that got fired is what happend. The jumpseater i have not talked to yet, but plan to find out his side of story. I am not sure if I will slander his name, I just cant see myself doing that to a fellow pilot. but let it be known that this will get around and somebody may post it here. This is not flame bait. Yes the captain had some diffences wth company but for the most part a good guy and good pilot. I will defently do some more research and get back to everyone. If i find out 100% what happend before i say much more.

No union on the property either, I bet.

I guess the jumpseater was junior to the Captain that was fired. :p Personally, I call BS on the whole thing, it’s sounds very fishy and I don’t know if I buy it...but, for the sake of discussion....If the jumpseater was just jumpseating in the cockpit, then how can he possible see ice on the wing if he didn’t do the walkaround and just came down the jetbridge and got on board. A jumpseater is a crewmember, so as any crewmember would do, he/she should speak up if you see anything that the crew missed or in this case, if you see that the aircraft is not properly deiced. The jumpseater is an a$$hole. If he/she was so worried about the aircraft not being deiced for safety reasons, then why did he/she go ahead and ride on the flight. Looks to me that that pilot just wanted to move up in seniority. He’s scum and a rat. Like LowlyPropCapt said, the jumpseater should be fired too, then, for not speaking up since he’s a crewmember; he’s as “guilty” as the Capt.
Besides, as we all know, being a jumpseater is a privilege, not a right. This guy should consider himself lucky he got on. Just get on, close your eyes, take a nap and shut UP!! Before a jumpseater starts accusing the crew of stuff, they better be 100% sure!!

How can the JS guy PROVE that there was actually snow on the wing? His word against the CPT, something aint right.

Here is he deal.

A pilot for our company was jumpseating and I guess he saw some snow on the wing. This pilot did not let the captain know that he had concerns. Maybe the capt never saw the snow, I don’t know. Then this jumpseater, same company, went home wrote a letter to management saying the captain did not deice, thus resulting in firing of the Captain. Jumpseater in my opinion who was a captain should of said something to the flying captain if he was that worried. Not go an rat out to mgt. later. How should we treat this fellow pilot in the company I mean that goes against all Pilot Code

What would you do?

Why do you need the advise of others? Treat him the way you think he should be treated, if you have the ball$ that is.

Last edited:
Come on, somebody has got to know this guy's initials and airline where he works. He is as guilty as the Capt. who got fired; that is if he got fired over this particular situation.

Latest resources

Back