• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fellow pilot rat what to do?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't believe this story, (I'm sorry). I've seen pilots turn in others for diferent reasons (execpt drinking), I've never seen a guy get fired over something somelse said, NEVER.

1- Management fired someone over not de-icing?? BS

2-Management believed the jumpsitter entirely, and fired this guy?? yeah right

The story as it was told CANNOT BE. Something is missing, or its BS.....

Last edited:
CALRepublic said:
1- Management fired someone over not de-icing?? BS

An employee terminated due to a failure to follow company procedure, even if the circumstances are in question, is an easy way for a company trying to cut costs to reduce their work force.

When times are good and airlines are short, pilots can get away with damn near anything and not lose their job. When times are tough and airlines are fat of flight crews, people get let go for some pretty stupid sh!t.

I also can't help but think there was no union involved at this company.

(FWIW, I heard about something similar to this happening at Skywest recently, but the story I heard didn't involve a termination of any crewmembers)

(FWIW, I heard about something similar to this happening at Skywest recently, but the story I heard didn't involve a termination of any crewmembers)

Yeah, but it cost him one of his wives.

Here is he deal.

A pilot for our company was jumpseating and I guess he saw some snow on the wing. This pilot did not let the captain know that he had concerns. Maybe the capt never saw the snow, I don’t know. Then this jumpseater, same company, went home wrote a letter to management saying the captain did not deice, thus resulting in firing of the Captain. Jumpseater in my opinion who was a captain should of said something to the flying captain if he was that worried. Not go an rat out to mgt. later. How should we treat this fellow pilot in the company I mean that goes against all Pilot Code

What would you do?

If you are a jumpseater you are REQUIRED CREW and have a responsibility to speak up. Said jumpseater could easily have the FAA on his six.

I'm just sayin'.

Gup

I'm pretty sure that the flame would have melted the ice.

This whole thing really speaks about the character of people Gulfstream is hiring. Do they hire just anyone?

You need to make sure everyone knows this story. You should be posting his name on the internet. He earned the right to be black balled.

Latest resources

Back