Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TinGoose1

FedEx Walkin

Anyone know how long it is taking to get a call after you and your sponsor meet with the chief pilots?

Last edited:
The average have bben a few months....8-12 weeks.....some are quick, but for the most part thats how long it took....

Shhhhhwooooo........thanks for the info. For a while there I thought I was going to have to go out and buy another bottle of Jack. On second thought....I think I'll do it anyway. I'm rolling in at about 9 weeks without word, so I'm thinkin maybe two bottles would be more appropriate..... just in case. Also, since I don't really have a plan "Z" yet, is there any time restriction on how soon you can be walked back in? Can you be sponsored by the same person, or do you have to hire a new one?

Last edited:
Might want to grow tits and make sure your furloughed too, that seems to be the profile their looking for now a days....

Yeh, a new hire with "tits" just skipped the whole FE slot in the 727 and went straight to FO...

If I could have done that I would have never left my room as a kid. I quess I'll just have to fall back on my original career plan of total world domination. Yaaaazzz......that's right........world domination...... I'm going to create a world where tanks are easier to rent, close door buttons on elevators respond so fast they could cause injury, and death row gladiator championships are held every friday night.........yup.....I can see it all now.

FNG:

So, reading your post, did your interview last month not go too well? Or did you start in July? 29 newbies started in July, and only one had tits. I went back over the last year+ since we picked up hiring again. We hired 445 pilots- 18 had tits. That's 4%. In my class back in 2002 there were none.

And Tram: If there are seat openings other than the s/o 727, they are bid by seniority, not tit size.

And for everyone else, we do have a few guys with Man-boobs that got hired, so don't think that rules you all out.

Last edited:
FedEx1 said:
And Tram: If there are seat openings other than the s/o 727, they are bid by seniority, not tit size.

Ok, I was just told a new hire got FO on the 727, which I thought was a rarity for a newhire..

Where are you based out of? MEM?

LOL...man I'm just throwing spears....everybody asking the same questions over and over....gets boring, so I was bored and needed to kick it up a notch...I'm not an employee....

FNG

You had mentioned in June you had a Fedex intervew. How did it go? I thought maybe they passed you over, and you were just relieving some tension. Or was having an interview throwing spears, too? Just wondering, since people here will help out with questions, logistics, and interview prep.

Fedex1
PS Tram, I am on the Md-11 in MEM

Latest resources

Back