FedEx Walkins

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
johnny taliban said:
Studying and networking??? Im sure that is the ONLY reason you got your job flying boxes. It couldn't possibly had anything thing to do with your OTHER assets. NO even a little bit???

Do me a favor.....can you tell me what would make me worthy of a pilot job at a major? I am really interested to know. I know plenty of men that got great pilot jobs with less "experience" than myself. Did they put on a fake set of tits or something?

I really enjoy going to work and wondering if every guy is thinking the same thing you do. It really makes life enjoyable. You are right though, I protest too much. I will never be able to change someone's ignorance. Thanks for making me think about all this and decide that next time someone makes another stupid "all you need to do is have tits" post, I am just going to ignore it. You are not worth my time.

Last edited:
FNG24 said:
Might want to grow tits and make sure your furloughed too, that seems to be the profile their looking for now a days....

FWIW,
My Fedex new hire class of 13 had no "tits" in it (not counting a few "man tits" I think I saw - not that I was looking). The previous class had one woman. I think you're barking up the wrong tree. (Especially since you're not on the property and can't speak from personal experience about who's in the new hire classes). Fedex has 12,000 apps from fully qualified pilots on file right now. If you're hired, you're very fortunate and probably very qualified. period.

How backed-up are they in the interviewing process right now.....anyone know real timelines? I'm in the same boat as TinGoose, 9 weeks with no word after a walk-in. If anyone has real information to share, please do so. Thanks....

Aero44 said:
How backed-up are they in the interviewing process right now.....anyone know real timelines? I'm in the same boat as TinGoose, 9 weeks with no word after a walk-in. If anyone has real information to share, please do so. Thanks....

This info is current from this spring. Mine was about 9 weeks - ACP interview to call for real interview. 1 month from call to interview. 2 weeks from interview to job offer. Don't give up yet.

Bottom Line: expect 3 months.

Two months ago I walk a buddy's resume in and talked to the ACP. He said it would take about that long for him to hear anything.

They have a system that starts with the walk-in. The file gets a green sticker and the online application is reviewed and recommendations are made as to where to improve or expound on certain items.

With the green sticker the file joins "the Stack." It is from here that the board pulls a certain number of files for review. This board tries to meet every other week for a couple hours. The answers your sponsor provided on the sponsor sheet are reviewed and then HIS record at FedEx is checked. (Hope your sponsor is not a dirtbag)

Assuming your file/app passes the board, you are then carried over to Pilot HR. KD will call asking your availability. You then are on your own. You have all the rope you need to get in. Try not to hang yourself in the process.

Recently the ACP asked that sponsors NOT check on the status of their bud's file. Apparently this had been happening and a few guys turned into too many for them to get anything else done.

Latest resources

Back