• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ninerfan

I hadn't seen this posted so....I'll summarize, good news overall:

-Net increase of 20 WB a/c in 2007
-First operational 757s in early 2008
-First 777s in mid 2009

Next seat bid in Apr/May timeframe, should include the 757.

Also, heard from the training building that due to aircraft acquisitions, growth etc. that the time on campus to WB Captain will drop to 5.5 years within the next 2 years. FWIW.

Does anyone know if the pool is officially dried up? Last I heard, there was a couple classes in Jan, but haven't heard anything since.

Does anyone know if the pool is officially dried up? Last I heard, there was a couple classes in Jan, but haven't heard anything since.

I don't know if it is officially dried up. They should be close to draining it. I have heard rumors of M & Gs starting up again maybe in Feb. Hopefully, we'll hear something "official" soon. :D

-First 777s in mid 2009

Also, heard from the training building that due to aircraft acquisitions, growth etc. that the time on campus to WB Captain will drop to 5.5 years within the next 2 years. FWIW.

Awesome!

-First 777s in mid 2009

Yes, all very good news above....I think the "Wide-Body" Captain in 5.5 yrs rumor may be a bit too ambitious though ....during Indoc in Aug, the mgmt folks did mention "Narrow body" Capt's within that time frame, but not WBs. It will be interesting to see how many 757 slots will actually be on the upcoming bid and how that acft is actually used. There is talk it may be used in Europe!

I had heard from a couple of new hires that they may keep the 727-200's even after receiving the 757's in 2008-2012. (instead of replacing them)

I had heard from a couple of new hires that they may keep the 727-200's even after receiving the 757's in 2008-2012. (instead of replacing them)

It is all speculation at this point. No one knows but it does make for good "chatter".

XYV

WB Capt

I agree that 5 years to WB Capt might be overly optimistic. Maybe in the Airbus with the a/c acquisitions. That rumor did come from the Bus side of the trng building. I have also heard the 757 as an addition to the fleet rumor too. If it goes to Europe..it will go very senior.

Last edited:
Interviews

What's the latest with interviewing recalled fuloughees (albeit bypassed the recall) from other airlines. Got a bud who did the meet & greet last year while on furlough, but has since been recalled and bypassed recall with the mil leave thing (hoping for a FDX interview). Any info??????

Thanks.

Pecan, if he's furloughed and bypassed he should get a call, all else being equal. As of a couple of months ago, straight from the horse's mouth.

Latest resources

Back