• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FEDEX VP Flight Ops Msg

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is a question for the ACPs. They hold all the cards on this one.

Do you think they will give you the straight scoop?

If not, do you think the process smells fishy or is it what it should be?
This is not so much a question as a statement. An erroneous and somewhat sarcastic one at that. If I'm off the mark, tell me and I'll apologize.

So you get a new hire position to ANC and you think you're hotstuff.

Woop de doooo!

How's the commute working out?
How you infer that I feel like I'm "hotstuff" is a mystery to me. Is it the Star Wars jabs? Forgive me, but the "young padouan" spiel from another thread is just a bit much. Nay, I feel quite blessed to have this job but I also attribute it to hard work and good timing.
Oh, the commute is going just fine. A little long and sometimes challenging, but well worth it. Thanks for the inquiry.

Quote:
"This is a question for the ACPs. They hold all the cards on this one.
Do you think they will give you the straight scoop?
If not, do you think the process smells fishy or is it what it should be?"

This is not so much a question as a statement. An erroneous and somewhat sarcastic one at that. If I'm off the mark, tell me and I'll apologize.

Sarcastic? Not in this quote.

The ACP's and the CP meet to figure out who gets an interview. Unless higher management has sponsored someone. This is what I meant about holding all the cards.

Why would someone go outside the company to figure out what the ACPs and CP use as criteria for granting an interview? Having those who are tasked with bringing in the prospective interviewees confused on the process can't help the process.

By straight scoop or fishy I meant--Is there some secret they are keeping from those who aren't their closest buds? No sarcasm here. Having all meet and greet appointments filled before the window opens sounds fishy. Some Getting meet and greets outside the window is not quite right either.

Another reason for not getting the info from the ACPs or CP could be a fear of even talking with them. No sarcasm here. Just trying to figure out why the info is not getting out.

If you all think this is the right way to run the hiring program, then so be it. I will call it right. There seems to be an advantage to setting precedents when dealing with employees to make sure they stay in line. It's old school but is often effective. No sarcasm here. But it is a cultural aspect of the company that does not come out in the www.airlinepilotcentral.com payscales and Air Inc seminars/magazine articles.

Last edited:
How you infer that I feel like I'm "hotstuff" is a mystery to me. Is it the Star Wars jabs? Forgive me, but the "young padouan" spiel from another thread is just a bit much.

Nay, I feel quite blessed to have this job but I also attribute it to hard work and good timing.

Oh, the commute is going just fine. A little long and sometimes challenging, but well worth it. Thanks for the inquiry.

My comment on your commute was sarcasm. I do apologize for that.

We should all be happy and thankful we are where we are. (If employed at a major)

In honesty, I am glad the commute is working. I haven't asked a bud about his commute to ANC out of fear of his response. I hear some get together and PDO bump each other's shorter trips to make their schedules more commutable.

Last edited:
Fedex Q

Additionally, have heard that Fedex will start considering folks that are currently employed by other majors. Not sure if that had been posted here or not.

Last I heard the ACPs were to get together in early January to discuss starting up M and Gs again.

Do you have to have flown with your Sponsor?

Does it need to be 121 flying?

Nightrain: Yes (as I was told), and no.

More rumors

From the crew bus "they are waiting for the new SCP to delegate how the M&G's are going to be done for the hiring process." We know how JL's was set out for us, but who knows what is going to happen when the new SCP takes over in Feb. I think that is the secret...but that is pure speculation on the road from Democrat...

Those who have done the M&G and are waiting on the interview, Please post your M&G dates. I'd like to get a list going for those waiting on an interview.

Mine was Feb. 06.
I've been recently told Jan. or Feb. for an interview.
I'm checking my home voice mail about 2 or 3 times a day now.

You might want to check your on-line application and make sure they have your phone number. On the older application, the spot for the phone number was located in a spot that you could easily cruise right over as you filled it out. Attention to detail I guess.

Best of luck to you my friend....I hope to see you on the property very soon. We have a mutual friend G.Mc.

Chin up - it will happen. Be ready.

XYV
ProAv '92

You might want to check your on-line application and make sure they have your phone number. On the older application, the spot for the phone number was located in a spot that you could easily cruise right over as you filled it out. Attention to detail I guess.

Best of luck to you my friend....I hope to see you on the property very soon. We have a mutual friend G.Mc.

Chin up - it will happen. Be ready.

XYV
ProAv '92

YOU know George McFly?!!!!!!

Cool

FJ

for rk772 i did my m&g june 6 06 so we can start it for us hopefulls. also told sometime after the new year so who know but still pause everytime i have a new message.

Latest resources

Back