• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fedex Slowing Down Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Current FE Turbojet Rating or written (FEX or Basic/turbojet) taken within previous 18 months only applicable to candidates notified and offered a BI class that may include B727 Second officer positions."

Dumb question but is this saying that you should have the FEX written complete if offered a class that might have B727 SO positions? So don't need it for the interview but need it for class??

No, everyone needs a curent FEX written.

No, everyone needs a curent FEX written.

Not true. There have been recent changes and it's no longer a blanket requirement. The excerpt above re: FEw within 18 months is straight off the pilot credentials website.

So, you'll know if you need it when they offer you a class date. Personally, I'd get it done after I interviewed regardless. I'd hate to get a call for a short notice S/O spot and not be able to take it. Probably not likely to happen but you never know.

I got hired in July and waiting for a class date......I think its fair to assume I wont be in training till early next year...

Did they hire the 250 they wanted for the year? They started hiring in April 20 a month and you got hired in July. That adds up to 80 pilots. What happen to the other 170 they wanted to hire?

Did they hire the 250 they wanted for the year? They started hiring in April 20 a month and you got hired in July. That adds up to 80 pilots. What happen to the other 170 they wanted to hire?

As of today, there are 126 new pilots on the property since Jan 2011. The number I've heard thrown around was 200/year but that may not be exact either. They're obviously not going to get to either number by the end of this year.

The most junior guy in the 126 starts class 24 Oct, so that's working out to an average of about 12/month. Perhaps the bean counters told them to slow down. They may be trying to back off during peak because they need extra bodies to fly the line. They're buying back vacation from quite a few seats in Oct because of low manning. I would imagine that will continue in Nov/Dec. Anyone who starts between now and Jan isn't going to be much help during peak. All this is pure semi-educated speculation on my part. :D

Thanks driver, you been very helpfull. I didn't know there was a class in October. And are they on the seniority already list if theyre not yet in class. Do you guys get to see new guys on the list even before the start class

Latest resources

Back