FedEx Seat Bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Must be outta purple spray paint

Either that or the ramp is full....Aug 5th...Yawn. The longer this takes, the more vacation bids it impacts.

Well here's another 2 cents for the bids...From all of the BI briefs we got, they are saying some 150+ Widebody captain spots, up to some 200+ The big deal is they haven't decided if they want to break it up into two smaller bids.

As for the captain thing, the rumor in the schoolhouse is the junior captain will be just over 3 yrs...a FedEx record!

Your captain in 2.3 may hold up still!

Laughing_Jakal said:
Wow Deuce,

You're still in training....you are supposed to be in the "I am happy to be here mode...I hope I can get a right seat job real soon." Capt in 2.3 years? Doubtful....

Laughing Jakal,
You're right, the two to three year captain plan is doubtful. That post was more for effect anyway, to underscore how quickly it seems guys can move up around here. At any rate, I'm not sure how cool it would be to try for Capt that quick - you'd be sucking hind *$* for a LOOOONG time no matter what airframe you're in.
Realistically, our class was told we'd be likely to hold widebody F/O in this bid and I think that's what most of the guys are trying to do. But, if in fact we can hold those seats, training is still probably 10-12 months away. Damn, looks like I've got to go study those stabilizers after all.... Assuming I pass my orals this weekend.

I'm making the move early next year - you'll have to show me where all the good riding around here is.

Well the 5th has come and gone and there was no seat bid, so my intel was obviously incorrect, or the truth changed. Oh well.

Anybody else heard other dates for the bid?

Duece: Good luck on the orals.

FJ,

Another Hog owner

sandman2122 said:
Keep in mind these are all rumors and this is Flightinfo.com.........

Nice of you acknowledge that sandman........:cool:

Latest resources

Back