• This site moved from forums.flightinfo.com to flightinfo.com. Please update your bookmarks.

FedEx Seat Bid???

Pecan

Total Time
4000+
Any "reliable" rumors on when the next seat bid might be? I've been hearing it'll be in the summer for quite some time, but that's quite vague. Seems like last winter, JL just sent out a quick email and boom--there is was: Seat biddous gigantous. Haven't spent much time around the campus lately, so I haven't been privy to much of the company "gouge."

Thanks!

klhoard

Total Time
32000+
Soon. . . . .

FedEx1

Professional Plumber
Total Time
Plenty
Rumor on the JetFlyer email was 250+ captains in August. But I did say RUMOR....

klhoard

Total Time
32000+
FedEx1 said:
Rumor on the JetFlyer email was 250+ captains in August. But I did say RUMOR....
Well, until I see it here on FlightInfo, it's just BS. . .

VaB

Total Time
FedEx1 said:
I haven't got a JetFlyer in months and months. Can you PM the guys email address so I can get back on the list? Thanks.

As far as the bid, I heard that they can't do much more training since they have to worry about training the guys that are going to fly the airplanes when it gets, shall we say "ugly" around peak. winkwink

Purpledriver

Total Time
4000+
I'm over in the MD-11 school house (for another couple of months) and the gouge is still Aug as far as the seat bid goes. No numbers attached to it other than "big", whatever that means. I'll believe it when I see it.

fdxdisco

Total Time
VaB
The guy is in my class right now. PM your email and I'll get it to him.
Disco

Miyagi

Total Time
enough
I don't want to hijack this thread but does anyone have any updated info on hiring? I was told by my sponsor that my package was on JL's desk about five weeks ago and still I sit by my phone waiting...

BonesF15

Total Time
Crew staffing said the bid has been moved up.

It will post in July.

PurpleTail

Is that RMB or USD???
Total Time
6500TT
Any rumors again to the narrowbody replacement of the 72? The last seat bid had the 737 on it as an option?? I guess the 757 is out??

VaB

Total Time
fdxdisco said:
VaB
The guy is in my class right now. PM your email and I'll get it to him.
Disco
Someone already sent it to me. Thanks Disco.

Man, when I was going through class, I don't remember having time to be farting around here on FI. I barely had time sleep. And when I did sleep, all I heard was "Autoflight, prof. Autoflight, prof." Good luck in class.

donger

Union member
Total Time
3000+
Miyagi said:
I don't want to hijack this thread but does anyone have any updated info on hiring? I was told by my sponsor that my package was on JL's desk about five weeks ago and still I sit by my phone waiting...

I was told not to expect to get a call for an interview until the three month point after your pre-interview package hits the desk. They have interview boards, which take as many of those packages as they can and they decide who is called and who is not. That board meets every other week (in theory), but due to schedules, crisis, etc, that does not always happen. So just wait about three months, and after that point you can have you buddy who sponsored you stick his head in and find out.

goodluck and relax. Hurry up and wait.

fdxdisco

Total Time
I thought it was 1 controller-2 channels. Anyway, he's my student not my class mate.

Disco

VaB said:
Someone already sent it to me. Thanks Disco.

Man, when I was going through class, I don't remember having time to be farting around here on FI. I barely had time sleep. And when I did sleep, all I heard was "Autoflight, prof. Autoflight, prof." Good luck in class.

klhoard

Total Time
32000+
fdxdisco said:
I thought it was 1 controller-2 channels. Anyway, he's my student not my class mate.

Disco
So, shouldn't you be teaching right now, not wasting company time on Flightinfo?? :)

FedExFlyer

You smell something??
Total Time
10K+
FedEx1 said:
What's the Jetflyer e-mail?? PM me the info.

Echopapa

Total Time
PurpleTail said:
Any rumors again to the narrowbody replacement of the 72? The last seat bid had the 737 on it as an option?? I guess the 757 is out??
I suspect the replacement will be the A300...We are bringing on at least 10 a year for the next three or four years. We are a mostly domestic operation, with our european commitment actually descreasing as the larger volume routes are being replaced by the MD-11.

What this means to me is that the "new" airbuses will go to domestic US flying, and with little or no domestic package volume growth, they will essentally end up slowly replacing the 72.

A look at our bidback also confirms that we are slowly picking up Boeing cities...thanks for Portland Maine but you can keep Duluth.

klhoard

Total Time
32000+
Echopapa said:
...thanks for Portland Maine but you can keep Duluth.
You forgot "Harlingen by the Sea"!!!

capt_zman

Total Time
>7000
Laredo is just plain scary. Was there last week and feared for my life on more than one occasion.