Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tanner said:
What dates are they offering?
I don't know yet. I, no kidding, just got the message that KD called and have yet to talk to her.

For the meet n greet question guys:

Did meet n greet in ANC: Feb of 05.
Called for interview: Oct of 05. (8 month time span)
Class date: January of 06.

And yes, Buck, if your times are correct in your profile, then that's VERY low for a straight civilian guy. (I had 6000 total, and the other civ guys in my interview group had about the same)

Definately keep updating the app!

propjob27 said:
For the meet n greet question guys:

Did meet n greet in ANC: Feb of 05.
Called for interview: Oct of 05. (8 month time span)
Class date: January of 06.

And yes, Buck, if your times are correct in your profile, then that's VERY low for a straight civilian guy. (I had 6000 total, and the other civ guys in my interview group had about the same)

Definately keep updating the app!

Are classes conducted at night??? I heard the person who draws the shortest straw get the sims in the day. Is this true??

Are classes conducted at night??? I heard the person who draws the shortest straw get the sims in the day. Is this true??

I may be a little slow, but I don't follow ya. As far as I know, my class will be held in the day time. At least day one starts at 0800. Who knows about the sim schedule though....

Classroom instruction is at 8 am (or 9am). This is indoc and systems. When you get to the sim, only two guys per sim per 4 hours. So, in MEM.... 7-11 am, 11am-3pm, 3pm-7pm, 7pm-11pm. You show up about 2 hours prior for your brief. So, your SHOW time, is 5am, 9am, 1pm, 5pm. Maybe a half hour or so for de-brief.

Haven't seen the real late late stuff personally, but who knows with all the extra bodies needing to get through training. On the MD-11, the stuff above is the only sessions out there.... not sure if the 727 has changed since I was there.

We usually won't put you thru a "hub turn" until on the line!! (middle of the night stuff.)

Uppercrust, if you are having a spaz already about going to work at 10pm, maybe Fedex isn't for you.

Uppercrust, if you are having a spaz already about going to work at 10pm, maybe Fedex isn't for you

I was thinking that exact same thing. Who knows, maybe he hasn't applied.

propjob27 said:
I was thinking that exact same thing. Who knows, maybe he hasn't applied.

I think that he has applied and now it's sour grapes. Sorry to let him know that in much less than a year on the line, I'm holding all day flying!!!

Gotta love it!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back