• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx requires 3 recs now?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seems kind of a dumb rule to me. So, say no one from my regional gets on with Fedex. How am I supposed to get hired if no one whe's there right now has flown with me?

turbodriver said:
Seems kind of a dumb rule to me. So, say no one from my regional gets on with Fedex. How am I supposed to get hired if no one whe's there right now has flown with me?

You can't

That's exactly right.

I bid down to Memphis SPECIFICALLY to get in position to network better at FedEx. Since then I've run into one guy I'd flown with at Flexjet (one down, one more to go) and am looking for a guy I flew with at Express One, but the biggest problem I'm running into here at PCL is that I hired into the CA seat, so I never flew with our CURRENT Captains who are going over.

It's ALL about the networking at FedEx and I'm working my tail off trying to do it! If you can't find a way to do it, there's not much hope (I've been applying for 5 years and flew the 727 for a couple years and can't get the call without the LOR's).

turbodriver said:

Well apparently its not that dumb since people are doing it. We are hiring 30 a month, and all those people found three people they knew at FedEx including a guy willing to take their stuff into a chief pilot and vouch for them. Lots ' o ' pure civilian guiys too, although most have a mix.

billjohnson321 said:
this is ridiculous,its just boxes.

Are you suggesting that what you carry behind the cockpit door has an effect on the required skill level of the pilots? For example an American Airlines A300 with passengers is inherently more difficult to fly than a FedEx A300 with cargo?

Does that mean that an empty passenger plane is easier to fly than a full one? What if you have the president on board, is it harder to land? What if we were carrying diamonds or gold....then would we require better pilots?

One thing worth noting, airlines do not give you a refund if you don't get to your destination on time.....we do.

The only thing ridiculous is your quote.....if you really feel that way don't apply.

Latest resources

Back