Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jetdriver69

High Speed, Low Drag
Like half the pilots out there, I'm trying to get on with FedEx. One of my sponsors told me last night that to be considered you are now required three letters of rec from current FedEx pilots. I'm in the process of contacting a third guy I know, but how long has the three letter rule been around. No wonder I haven't heard from recruiting. Thanks.

jet

I'm in the same boat...trying to "find" a third recommendation

Jetdriver69 said:
Like half the pilots out there, I'm trying to get on with FedEx. One of my sponsors told me last night that to be considered you are now required three letters of rec from current FedEx pilots. I'm in the process of contacting a third guy I know, but how long has the three letter rule been around. No wonder I haven't heard from recruiting. Thanks.

jet

It has always been 3 recs. The online application has space for 3 FedEx pilots and their employee number who will vouch for you. It has always been policy that one of the 3 must have flown with you. No changes that I'm aware of.:)

Jetdriver69

For what its worth:

The 3 rec requirement is at least relatively new. Had 2 close friends (both got hired) interview July 2004 with only one rec. Also, my sponsor was surprised by it. He called me out of the blue with the news about 2 weeks ago. The only way he knew was when he tried to set up the little advance meeting with a CP.

Do those three folks get a request to fill out a recommendation automatically or does the applicant need to remind them to please go fill out an online rec?

. It has always been policy that one of the 3 must have flown with you. No changes that I'm aware of.:)
Jethro,
my bud over at FedEx was told last week that NOT one, but TWO of the folks recommending someone have to have flown with that person. I think Im getting vertigo from all the confusion:D :confused: .
Johnny

nothing new

3 LORs is not new. Like stated above, there has always been space for 3. Pilots have been hired with less, but remember that there is no magic hours/background/#LORs that automatically makes you a candidate. The more competitive you are, the better your chances. If there is space for 3 LORs then get 3! Can you get hired with less? Yes. Does having more increase your chances? Yes. Having LORs from guys you flew with will help even more, but don't skip non-flying LORs as they can help.

The point I'm trying to make is do everything in your power to make you a better candidate and you will get the nod.

Goose17

Just curious but how would get to know 3 Fedex pilots that will vouch for you and recomend you if have never flown with fedex or been around any of the pilots? This may be a dumb question but I am lost...
Thanks

QuasarZ said:
Just curious but how would get to know 3 Fedex pilots that will vouch for you and recomend you if have never flown with fedex or been around any of the pilots? This may be a dumb question but I am lost...
Thanks

No Dumb questions, only Dumb people. Just Kidding.

You fly with some one in a prior life who gets on with FedEx, then he recommends you. Its called Networking.

HoursHore said:
No Dumb questions, only Dumb people. Just Kidding.

You fly with some one in a prior life who gets on with FedEx, then he recommends you. Its called Networking.

Figured so.. just wondering if there were any other ways
Thanks!

Latest resources

Back