Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FedExFlyer

You smell something??
Has the process of recommending your buddy changed?? I flew with a crew the other day that told me the CP's and ACP's were getting overwhelmed with candidates and that they are no longer doing the "meet-n-greet". Is this true??

If so, how do we recommend folks these days? I've seen nothing in VIPS on a change in the process.

PS For all you folks in MEM there were good Letters to the Editor in the Commercial Appeal today.......page B5.

I also heard that the "Pre-interview, interview" with an ACP was no longer necessary. Guess they were getting overwhelmed....however I was able to schedule one of these meet and greets with my ACP for a buddy of mine later this month. I think it depends on who your ACP is.

FedExFlyer said:
PS For all you folks in MEM there were good Letters to the Editor in the Commercial Appeal today.......page B5.

Yeah, those were some pretty good ones. Capt Bauman is a non memeber, so I wouldn't expect any less. ********. Blanket party in Cordova tonight. Anyone free?

I also liked the lady yesterday or the day before that complained about the FedEx pilots and used SWA as an example of how airlines can do great without unions. Typical ill informed pilot haters. She got it handed to her pretty good today, though.

Here's a link for the newpaper impaired:

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/letters_to_editor/article/0,1426,MCA_538_3826080,00.html

Last edited:
From the Commercial Appeal

Letters 06/03: FedEx pilots miss opportunity

June 3, 2005

It saddens me, a FedEx captain, that the company's contract offer expired without a counteroffer (June 2 article). As I communicated to the union, by failing to counter FedEx's offer, we missed the opportunity to gain in a timely fashion bonuses, pay raises closer to our pilots' expectations, and resolution of the two or three most critical issues our pilots say "need" resolving ("work rules, job and retirement security, health care" to quote your article).

Why was there no such counteroffer? Why was no "test" made of FedEx's sincerity and, more important, of the company's openness to "bargaining through" its offer in good faith? Why was this offer treated like the "last and final offer?" counteroffer built on the framework the company has outlined, with the additions I have described, should be at least attempted before we wait very much longer. If living under the old provisions "locked in" for the next five years would be "unthinkable," how unthinkable will it be to live under them for one to two more years (or three more, like UPS pilots have under their old contract)? Are we really going to have any more bargaining power after the UPS pilots sign a contract than we have now?

R. F. Bauman Cordova

Goose17 said:
Letters 06/03: FedEx pilots miss opportunity

June 3, 2005

It saddens me, a FedEx captain, that the company's contract offer expired without a counteroffer (June 2 article). As I communicated to the union, ...

R. F. Bauman Cordova
It must be frustrating for Capt Bauman. He has no voice with the Company, and he has no voice with the Collective Bargaining Agent. He didn't communicate to the union. There's a simple way to make his voice count, though - - pay dues.

Independent contractors get nowhere.

At least the FOs that fly with him can socialize with the SOs on layovers.

Last edited:
Scab!

R. F Bauman is a non-member, nothing more than a CHEAP free-loader like ALL the non-members.

And I don't want to hear the sob stories of : "ALPA did this to me....." and "ALPA did that......" or "My family comes first..."

Life's a choice, most choose to help each other while some choose to only help themselves.

Last edited:
sandman2122 said:
Scab!
R. F Bauman is a non-member, nothing more than a CHEAP free-loader like ALL the non-members.

And I don't want to hear the sob stories of : "ALPA did this to me....." and "ALPA did that......" or "My family comes first..."

Life's a choice, most choose to help each other while some choose to only help themselves.
While I can't endorse the use of the label "Scab," I certainly endorse the rest of the post.

Perhaps Capt Bauman will have the opportunity to earn the label at a later date, though.

Los1 said:
Tony --

The guy is a SCAB
?'s
Los1

My original posting was on recommendations for buddies and it turned into a free-for-all on one of our pilots. That wasn't my intent.

Does anyone have any info on applicant recommendation process lately?

Please start another post on the topic this post turned into.

While I can't endorse the use of the label "Scab," I certainly endorse the rest of the post.

If it smells like fish, it probably is. From the SCAB list.

Bauman, Robert F EAL 89 04785, 10/80, Now at FedEx

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back