FedEx recommendation process

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Non Members are free-Loaders

Take a look at your end of year earnings and look at the box that lists how much you paid in union dues......Remember that non-members pocket that money while you pay for their "free-ride".....Remember that next time you fly with one and they want to go out to dinner........

Incredible people actually defend non-members...

Last edited:
6Pak said:
Here ya go folks... a hint of one of the great underlying major probs in Barneyland.... All nonmembers are scabs...lots of our guys just don't treat them like scabs. In MY OPINION the seriousness of the offenses is identical. Like the man said...a scab is a scab is a scab is a .....

6Pak....

Did I miss in your profile where you have any interaction with unions? I don't remember any when I was in the USAF.

And what on earth do mean by "great underlying major probs"? Do you have some great insight that the rest of us have missed?

Mr Zog said:
Whatever the case, the guy isn't that bright to highlight himself like he did. Good chance he will be ostracized the rest of his career (hopefully short career) at FedEx.

Um, kind of late for that. He's a DC-10 Captain, and turning 60 in 2006. Hopefully he will leave, and not go to the back seat.

He doesn't care about being highlighted. His letter is all a part of the great big management spin team during our contract negociations.

TonyC-

I was emphatic trying to get a point across--i hope you dont think it was personal!!!
Just making a point about SCABS!!!!
you have my undying respect!!--
Los1

Hug, Hug. Kiss, Kiss..:) Hope Tony and Los1 don't get caught in the bunk going to NRT... :)

Past.....

I have always been glad our shop is "open". The fact 97% of us VOLUNTARILY choose to participate says more to me that any other single fact.

I have flown with some non-members. I choose to try to set the example verses cajole and pester them. They are getting a free ride, as do many in our society. Nobody really listens to an FO anyway, but I whistle when I work, try to treat folks nice, and do a good job at something I really enjoy. I also gladly pay 2% or whatever it is these days to say "thanks" to those behind us who made this all possible.

A few of the non-members I've flown with have been decent guys. I have no idea the who/what/why/how of why they are not participating. Most, however, have been incredibly anti-social, wierd misfits who I would not want to break bread with even if they paid their dues--these guys were no kidding freaks. We have some world class aviators at FDX...but we also have some guys who simply could not get hired by United/Delta/American "back in the day..." and are camped out here now. Many seem to have a cross to bear from previous carrier issues, and bombastically try to blast our union on the flightdeck. I just do my job, smile, and let my actions do the talking. We have a great company with great benefits, but I am convinced those benefits were given because either A) we negotitated them or B) before our union the company matched more or less "industry standard" type rules...which were modeled after contracts at other UNION carriers. Trip rig, duty rig, insurance, retirement benefits, medical, etc etc came out of a long, hard struggle from many previous guys in our profession.

Really...when I go to work I look around the AOC and smile at the 97% folks. I refuse to let a few misfits wipe the smile off my face. There is NOTHING I can do to influence them or "hurt their feelings..", as they don't really want to hang out with me either. All I can do is set the example, and hope folks follow in line. If 97 percent of us picket, that is huge. If it comes down to the end of RLA options and we have to do some drastic work action, 3% of the crew force going into work will be nothing more than a token show. I propose we concentrate on how us 97% work and support each other (ala John Bewley) and worry less about these 8% B-fund folks...

PastV1-

you know...it is all about a "kindler, gentler"
pilot group!!:)
One more day of retro pay!!
Los1
PS Well said AlbieF15

Last edited:
I Disagree

Albie,
I beg to differ. The 124 non-members are $hitbirds and you need to remember that fact (and they need to be reminded of that fact)! I NEVER draw first blood, especially in the cockpit, but if they EVER speak of work rules, negotiations (at our airline or any other airline) or money -- I aggressively remind them that they have no speaking part! They have serious character issues and I personally have a problem with those on a "free ride." There are many in our profession that have fallen on their swords, in order for us to achieve excellent pay and work rules, and they deserve better than this "touchy feely" tolerant attitude. Non-members are cut from the same mold as the dude that steals your flight gloves out of your locker because he left his in the jet (maybe that's just an E-model thing -- we had WSOs you know). Okay, I have vented enough! Goodnight.

By the way, F/Os do have a speaking part in the Maddog.

Latest resources

Back