FedEx Poolie Calls, Second Thread...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cujo55 said:
WHAT A GREAT CALL!!! Holy Cow!!! Got a call from KD this morning...been to busy to re-group and calm down.:beer: :beer: :beer:
MD class 31 Jul for ANC

She was talking about a couple for classes and was offering...but said the MD class was the soonest. Said 727..she could get me in...well, based on "first in, first out" maybe Sep, Oct...I jumped at the soonest!!

Looks like many offers went out and some people took the 727 route...and hoped for the best. She never said if it was FO or FE when talking about the 727...and I never asked. I didn't care!

I would expect many more calls here shortly.

Cheers Cujo ... and I'm spent!

Cujo,

Hey when did you interview? A buddy is trying to figure out when he might get called, he interviewed late March. So sounds like maybe Sept or Oct? (Goes along with what Navy stated also) Thx and congrats!

Malter, you are correct...Retired Viper guy w/ just 737 type experience. The HUD is glass :laugh: ...right?! I don't know why. Based on my phone call and Navy's post, KD may be having to dig down deeper into the barrel (non-glass, non-heavy experience) to get people to take the MD. If she is giving guys the choice, as she did me, poolies might be opting for the later MEM 727 classes.

I inverviewed Feb 9/10...based on FIFO, as KD said, she might get me in Sept-ish...That would imply to me...Jan interviewes should see Jul 31 and Aug classes

Cheers Cujo

I wonder if the dude from SW who's wife didn't want him to go to ANC will get a shot at a Mem slot. If they are indeed offering folks and option, it would make for an interesting second decision.

Congrats to everybody getting the calls!

FJ

Here I sit still waiting for the call with my A-320 experience. They must have reached right past me when they reached deep into the barrel. Congrats to everyone else though. Man this waiting is getting tough.

Falconjet said:
I wonder if the dude from SW who's wife didn't want him to go to ANC will get a shot at a Mem slot. If they are indeed offering folks and option, it would make for an interesting second decision.FJ

FJ, the answer is yes this individual is still in the pool. This comes directly from the source when I asked this same question regarding this situation.

JT.. I feel your pain. Interviewed 2nd week Jan

6 years of heavy flying in the galaxy (FMS/Heavy/Int'l) and glass experience 737 with CAL.

Stay strong.. I know it's tough

Hello All,

Had a message on home and cell number, but got HR's answering machine. Interviewed late march. Fingers crossed that its a class date call not a drug test update call.

Miyagi said:
FJ, the answer is yes this individual is still in the pool. This comes directly from the source when I asked this same question regarding this situation.
Than that might just be the luckiest dude in the world. If I were him I would jump on the first class date offered and take my chances at getting back to the planet on the next bid (probably in the fall). If he gets to wait it out for a Mem Boeing class then all the more power to him.

As I mentioned in the other thread I can think of lots of reasons why I would prefer SW over FedEx, but very few of them would apply if I (and I do) lived in Memphis already. I can't believe that he would turn Purple down knowing that he could be back here well within a year and from then on life would be all peaches and cream.

Thats just me though. I don't fault the guy one bit for doing what is best for him and his family. That is just business.

FJ

FIFO YES or FIFO NO?

Gotta ask again, any thoughts on if it is FIFO for 727, why there plucking guys from the water that interviewed Jan week two and bypassing a few from Jan week one? Networking maybe? Still awaiting background check? Any thoughts?

How many of you jumped to the phone today when it rang? (like ME!!!) :laugh:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back