• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx Poolie Calls, Second Thread...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There were some other calls today offering MD-11 ANC 31JUL. Heads up Poolies, anything is possible. :)

Anybody else?

Congrats on the calls everyone!!

Great news! It's good to see the 727 classes starting up again. I interviewed the 3rd week of Jan. Hopefully, we'll start getting calls soon.

See you in MEM! :beer:

Purple Nugget / ictflyer23 -

Congrats!!...and thanks for the intel...understand you interviewed in Jan and in Apr respectively.

When were you guys called to update your physicals and drug tests?

Also, were either of you offered a choice between MD-11 and 727 since both classes appear to be starting on 31 Jul

Appears this summer's MD-11 classes have ranged from 10-18 slots....does anyone know how big the 727 classes have historically been?

Congrats again!

The Calls are flowing!!

WHAT A GREAT CALL!!! Holy Cow!!! Got a call from KD this morning...been to busy to re-group and calm down.:beer: :beer: :beer:
MD class 31 Jul for ANC

She was talking about a couple for classes and was offering...but said the MD class was the soonest. Said 727..she could get me in...well, based on "first in, first out" maybe Sep, Oct...I jumped at the soonest!!

Looks like many offers went out and some people took the 727 route...and hoped for the best. She never said if it was FO or FE when talking about the 727...and I never asked. I didn't care!

I would expect many more calls here shortly.

Cheers Cujo ... and I'm spent!

DLax,

I was called to update the drug test at the begining of May. I was also NOT offered a choice of the MD-11 at all. I was just told that they had a class date for me on July 31st and that it would be for a 727 position in MEM. Which position would be determined then by class seniority.

Cujo55 said:
WHAT A GREAT CALL!!! Holy Cow!!! Got a call from KD this morning...been to busy to re-group and calm down.:beer: :beer: :beer:
MD class 31 Jul for ANC

She was talking about a couple for classes and was offering...but said the MD class was the soonest. Said 727..she could get me in...well, based on "first in, first out" maybe Sep, Oct...I jumped at the soonest!!

Looks like many offers went out and some people took the 727 route...and hoped for the best. She never said if it was FO or FE when talking about the 727...and I never asked. I didn't care!

I would expect many more calls here shortly.

Cheers Cujo ... and I'm spent!
Cujo,
Aren't you a Viper dude? No heavy experience? Just curious. If that's true, it'll blow my ideas of how/who they're calling out of the water. Congratulations! I know you're stoked!

Concur with the phone calls mentioned in this thread. My buddy who was offered MD-11 ANC yesterday, asked if any 727 slots were available in MEM. He was told, something along the lines of, "Well, yes, but those will be given out FIFO, and according to when you interviewed (MAR), I won't have a class date until Sept-ish."

So, he asked his wife, she said yes...(LOL)

Previous posts had the initial numbers for 727 at 20 FO/30 SO first month to kick things off, then 20 month thereafter (SO), no? (Maybe I mixed those two numbers up, but either way, should be a big month (AUG) and lots of calls going out soon. Cool that they're giving 30 days notice.

Question, if they are doing FIFO for 727, any thoughts as to why there's someone here who interviewed first week of Jan and didn't get called and a second week of Jan guy, who DID get called? Any thoughts on that one?Love to be a fly on the wall in HR.

Phones should be ringing today poolies!! I'm ready!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back