FEDEX POOL numbers?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LEROY said:
As a note of hope (or of despair, depending on how you look at it) I was one of the 60+ poolies in the 14 month club beginning 2002; no doubt you guys will get on the property sooner than we did, but be prepared to float. IMHO, you have every reason to believe you're in, just keep your head above water. I'll pass my floaties on to whomever wants them, they worked well....

...please FedEx them to me!

Cujo

Hey Guys,

I'm still in the school house and the latest rumor I heard was that the poolies will start drying off in April. 2 -3 months of 70 guys and then back to 30ish/month for a few years. Remember, just a rumor but one from a management type. Good luck guys.

T Dub

geauxfly said:
71kilo
When did you do your meet and greet?

I did the M&G late July early August 2005. My sponsor was still on probation. I had 4 on-line recs: my sponsor (a new hire F/E), a 72 F/O on 2nd year pay, an MD11 F/O on about 5th year pay, and a guy in 72 CA school now but was a BUS F/O prior. My sponsor checked on my status a few times and the 72 F/O checked too. The guy in CA school now, showed up during my M&G to throw his verbal support. I'm not sure if he went by the ACPs office at all after that. All of them were sponsoring someone different at the same time. I had flown with all of them in my reserve unit. I got the e-mail and snail mail address of the ACP I met and sent him a Christmas card as well as e-mailed him about once every other month with a short but direct note reaffirming my desire to fly purple tails. I'm not sure what threw me over the fence for a call from K.D. My hours are average for a KC-135 guy with about 350 hours of current GA time. Another buddy just interviewed at the very end of Feb and is still waiting to hear. He said all went well. He is a furloughed legacy guy but has no interest in going back. His M&G was March 2005 and his sponor was the 72 F/O I mentioned above. He met a different ACP than I did. I hope all the above keyboard diarrhea gives you some help. My attitude was gentle persistence. I'll let you know how the interview goes in a few weeks. Time to get in the books again...

yesterday in class...

Our Airbus line pilot/instructor said they are being told to expect around 60 new hires to go directly to the right seat of the bus and around 90 new hires to go directly to the right seat of the MD.

Impressive numbers!

Now lets see it happen.

Goose17

Thanks Goose....

Did they happen to mention a timeframe? Or whether we will all go to class together and then split off for aircraft specific? Or whether they will assign the aircraft/domicile prior to class?

Thanks, Keeping Fingers crossed and glad that my floaties aren't leaking...

TSD

nope

No other info.

If I were to guess - I keep hearing talk about a couple of big months of hiring coming up followed by normal hiring. I would imagine the hiring and the bid are all delayed until all the bugs are tweeked out of the "direct to the wide right seats" program. I think the flood gates will open in April and there will be a ton of guys heading to the right of the bus and MD. There will probably be whole classes heading straight to a particular aircraft.

That is a lot of guessing on my part. See you all on the property soon.

Goose17

Quick question to all:
Does anyone know how long the meet and greets @ FedEx were suspended. Did the line get emptied or is the expected wait from meet and greet to interview still very long?
Thank you. FishAlaska

Did the M&G 1st week of Sep. My sponsor, 15 yr captain, checks w/ his ACP once a month. I'm a Legacy furlough. Could be why I'm still waiting.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back