• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FEDEX POOL numbers?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard that they plan to start classes for us Poolies beginning in April. I also heard that there's not necessarily an order to the pool. In other words, just because you interviewed 1st week of January, doesn't mean you'll get a class date before a guy hired in March. Not sure how that will work but I imagine they plan to have MD-11 classes they stack with guys with heavy glass experience.

PurpleChimp said:
I also heard that there's not necessarily an order to the pool. In other words, just because you interviewed 1st week of January, doesn't mean you'll get a class date before a guy hired in March.

Anyone else have any info on this?

I guess if April and May are supposed to be big, and there are 150 poolies, we'll all get to class quickly!!!
:beer:

XJguy said:
Anyone else have any info on this?

I guess if April and May are supposed to be big, and there are 150 poolies, we'll all get to class quickly!!!
:beer:
150 may have been just for Jan & Feb. They're interviewing 100 a month and historically have hired 70-75%. By that math, there will be 220'ish by the end of Mar and 370'ish by the end of May.

cgri591982t44a said:
Friend interviewed on Mon 3/20 and they were told that there are 98 poolies as of right now.
I don't see how that's possible when they're interview 100 a month and I know their hiring rate is not that far off the historic rate. (The rate for my interview group was 100%) But, the bigger question for us poolies is when are they going to start calling us for class dates?

I just got back from the interview on 3/21 and was told 150 in the pool, 200 in pool by the end of March. They expect that the pool will be drained possibly in May.

flynines said:
I just got back from the interview on 3/21 and was told 150 in the pool, 200 in pool by the end of March. They expect that the pool will be drained possibly in May.
I'm diggin' that, man! On that note, let's have a beverage!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back