• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FEDEX MOAB Place your bets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No freaking way!! Just because it snows in memfo you declare that's the reason to live there!!!! Enjoy your "trash" town.

I will...and you enjoy the jumpseat..the transloads...the cancelled deadheads.....the expense reports...the stress...and all the time away from your family...ask memtrash..he is moving here

Last edited:
Babylon said:
Why would the bid be open for 28 days? Contract says 14 days unless it's an FPA bid and I can't imagine this will be one. Operational Emergency last night was one more reason to not live in Memphis - it truly let you see how screwed up everything at the hub is - had that same snow gone through Indy there's no way there would've been 9 hour delays to launches. Memphis=bad in all respects. Yes property is cheap and there's a reason for it.

Well, I got to live the snow day yesterday and +sn closes even Indy Sir. Put 150 widebody planes in Indy and give them Heavy snow with NWAs launch going and see what happens. I don't live in Memphis but when the airport closes not even Massa Fred can get the planes out. Why would anyone live anywhere it snows enough for the ramp guys to get good at de-icing/anit-icing?
Nice to see that CaptainMark is back after actually working for a few days. I hope his H2 didn't get dusty or wet without him. Lord knows the Harley won't run in adverse weather.

I will...and you enjoy the jumpseat..the transloads...the cancelled deadheads..the sicktime abuse...the expense reports...the stress...and all the time away from your family...ask memtrash..he is moving here

Thanks I will!!! Thanks for guys/gals like you sitting Reserve and doing all the AM and PM out and backs!! Really helps us commuters flying DDH's to DFW. :)

BTW, what do you insinuate by "sick time abuse"???

Careful.

sandman2122 said:
Thanks I will!!! Thanks for guys/gals like you sitting Reserve and doing all the AM and PM out and backs!! Really helps us commuters flying DDH's to DFW. :)

BTW, what do you insinuate by "sick time abuse"???

Careful.

gee i don't know...edited

CaptainMark said:
I will...and you enjoy the jumpseat..the transloads...the cancelled deadheads.....the expense reports...the stress...and all the time away from your family...ask memtrash..he is moving here

You would have to DOUBLE my pay before I would even entertain the idea of moving to Memphica.

Transload, once in a while...Cancelled DH, occasionally...Expense Report, 15 min...Time away from family, Intl override and per diem treats them to a couple of nice dinners out each month (plus I need some time out of the house away from the wife). All those things are a SMALL price to pay to live wherever I want to.

Living in Memphis Suks....Don't do it!

....It's rough...

Worked 4 of the last 22 days on Reserve.

Last AM launch Nov 1st

Last Hub Turn Oct 5th (Which was the first time in 4yrs that I had been involutarily hub turned at night)

Oh yeah, schedules just called and canx my trip....Oh darn, I'll just have to stay home again!

If people want to live in Memphis, great. If people want to live elsewhere, great. Why is everyone getting so personal about living in MEM? Guys that live here feel they have to defend it, guys that commute feel they have to attack it. There are advantages either way. And that's the great thing about FDX...there is literally "something for everyone."

Latest resources

Back