FedEx MOAB is out (pathetic)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Los1 said:
Any clues on how the ANC LOA works into this?...
Captain Mark--finally figured out who you are!!!
Good seeing you at the hub the other day!
My negotiating committee speaks for me!!
Los1

Los1..good seeing you to...

Goose17 said:
I can only assume guys with huge makeup banks are guys flying for the military or guys that have been on the property for a very long time. I don't think we need to compare makeup hours since others do not have the military as a second source of income.

Goose17

Negative. Just 3 or 4 years of being on the bottom of the list, getting R lines with 7 - 10 days of carry over and protecting min days off. All those dropped R days go into the makeup bank.

Well..we were having a "mine is bigger than yours contest", and so far I'm winning. Let me gloat in the moment as that doesn't happen to me very much. :D

And yes--I drop a lot of trips to fly the F-15. With our manning, I rarely even use the "mil leave" option but just straight drop the trips--less work for my military admin folks and the company as well. I also dropped some trips this year to be home for Christmas and spring break--first time in 4 years as part time mil/airline pilot or EVER as military guy I've had about all the holidays off. I really enjoyed the time, and especially after the back issues last year I realized how I can always make money tomorrow, but time with the kids is fleeting and precious.

No tongue in cheek here or mixed messages--I hope everyone gets to the point finanancially they don't have to work every day and can enjoy their family time. I have really enjoyed this last year--that back surgery detour was a real eye opener...

newfed said:
I've been at Purple for 4 years now and have started seeing more reality.

newfed said:
Anyone in the 10/4 class?
Im a 4 series SS#?
Anyone?

newfed said:
How is the seniority established at Fedex?

I'm calling BS newfed! 4 years?? The last 2 quoted posts were by you on 10/1/04. That's a year and a half. In reality do you even work for FedEx? Your original post on this thread smells of flamebait.

CJ-

PS If you flew FX corporate prior, I would find it very hard to believe you wouldn't know how seniority is established.

Concierj said:
I'm calling BS newfed! 4 years?? The last 2 quoted posts were by you on 10/1/04. That's a year and a half. In reality do you even work for FedEx? Your original post on this thread smells of flamebait.

CJ-

PS If you flew FX corporate prior, I would find it very hard to believe you wouldn't know how seniority is established.

just looked at that...he is probably some bannertower in daytona!

MAGNUM!! said:
425 in 1.5 years...almost on pace with Albie!

316:03 in only 5 months on the line. And honestly, I'd have flown more back if there'd been anything in open time!

Make-Up bank

Now Albie, I hate to do this to you, bro. Just checked, all that desire to spend more time with my 2 small kids has netted me 1100+ hours in less than 5 years. Someday, I'll get back to wanting to make some more money. Right now, I'm having a blast with the family!! No military time for me - just a spouse that works a bit when I'm home with the boys.

Once again I lose--and to a civilian background guy without an ANG job--geez! :laugh:

I figure you best enjoy it when you can. A year or more ago, it was impossible to move/drop anything, and even a legitimate mil leave request got a phone call from an ACP. Now you can drop with impunity. With the "pool" not being drained and no classes since Feb, we might end up with a move back towards tougher problems dropping trips--so I'm enjoying it while I can expecting as guys get trained off on the new training letter (whenever that shows up...) that dropping may again get more difficult.

Latest resources

Back