Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MOAB and the ANC LOA

How about this.....

MOAB - the company needs to increase the ANC base significantly. This is a big part of the MOAB.

ANC LOA - the company wants to put together a move package to get people to ANC. They negotiate it with the union. It takes a few tries but now they seem to have something that will work for both sides. That causes a delay in the MOAB while they iron out the details of this ANC move deal.

My prediction. Get the ANC move details ironed out and approved. The company can send people to ANC...the MOAB comes out.

In the meantime they put out the "Step-Sister" of all Bids (24 Capt) to cover the gap in training that begins in April.

Just one opinion of many.

Grape Ape

PanelApe said:
In the meantime they put out the "Step-Sister" of all Bids (24 Capt) to cover the gap in training that begins in April.

Grape Ape

And, as was earlier pointed out, get the S/O bidders to show their hand, so the company knows what it's dealing with in formulating the MOAB.

Purple Promisee said:
And, as was earlier pointed out, get the S/O bidders to show their hand, so the company knows what it's dealing with in formulating the MOAB.

Since there were no S/O vacancies or secondaries, this bid would have no affect on those guys.

USNFDX said:
Since there were no S/O vacancies or secondaries, this bid would have no affect on those guys.

I should have been more clear. I meant the captains and guys senior enough to be captain who responded to the company's request to update their standing bids (to enable the company to get some intel to help formulate the MOAB) by "bidding" S/O, as referenced in JL's letter a few weaks ago.

The company may very well still be finalizing the business plan for the next fiscal year. Traditionally, we have a bid when that gets finalized and another in the fall to cover any unanticipated things.

Got used 9 of 11 r days the first part of the month and now in ALA on an 11 day trip that took up the rest of my r days and the carryover ones. (4). And yes, I protect min days off! :)

They are short in the 11 and probably will be for some time. Saw an almost new Delta 11 sitting on our ramp in ANC. It was headed to SIN for the P to F mod.

Big bid will be out sometime!

MNCSFM,
Past..

USNFDX said:

True, and if it were the company's top priority to get these guys to show their hands then there would have been 50 S/O spots on the bid as well. It will, however, force those who really want to upgrade to fix their bids, which is really what the company wants to know anyway, isn't it?

I still think we should approve the LOA (subject of another thread) and send it to Fred embedded in a complete contract offer.

About 18 busts....

Sorry - did I say that out loud?

Latest resources

Back