Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fedex Hiring Mins when hiring resumes...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Have a buddy whose dad is a senior check airmen and his parents routinely have dinner with the CFO I believe. He has about 6000 total time and at least 2500 turbine PIC in a CRJ. He is still waiting for fed ex, now when they were hiring h didn't have the 1500 yet so he couldn't even get into an interview.

:crying: Ohhhhhhh Nooooooo.....Here we go again. I sense yet another mil vs civ thread. :bawling:
If you looked at my time you would have seen that I have done both. I have flown with plenty of good pilots on both sides of the aisle, as well as some that leave a bit to be desired. Being Mil or Civ has nothing to do with it. It's the individual.

I put in for FedEx six months before my retirement from the USAF. I did have all the previously stated "requirements" for employment. 1000's of hours of military international heavy time in command, instructor, check airman, safety, etc., etc. I also had five letters from previous USAF pilots employed by FedEx, four being minorities of whom I personally trained. I waited over two and half years for even a call for an interview. Of course by the time I got the call, I was driving home from GV school with my new job. While I really wanted to fly for FedEx, I wouldn't trade my present job to go back. I can only guess that who you know will only take you so far at FedEx, civilian or military. However, with all my military time including getting shot at by Somali and Bosnian Serb idiots while attempting to deliver them food, some of my most challenging flights were single pilot turboprop and light jet trips Part 91. I've never flown fast movers, other than the T-38 and it isn't a fighter, but I don't really value one airframes flight time more than another, fighter pilot or not. But fighter pilots do take much longer to accumulate 2000 hours than their heavy brothers. Just my two cents.

Jeeze, go buy yourself a sense of humor. You'd think that they were talking about your son on here. We've all struggled in this industry. I think most people are just saying that he should have to pay his dues like everybody else. 20 year olds are supposed to be treated poorly. That's the way it goes, you've gotta earn respect.

Courtesy is given, Respect is EARNED.

If you looked at my time you would have seen that I have done both. I have flown with plenty of good pilots on both sides of the aisle, as well as some that leave a bit to be desired. Being Mil or Civ has nothing to do with it. It's the individual.
You are correct sir...I guess it should have said.....
:crying: Ohhhhhhh Nooooooo.....Here we go again. I sense yet another fighter vs heavy thread. :bawling:

Or...:crying: Ohhhhhhh Nooooooo.....Here we go again. I sense yet another herbivore vs civ carnivore thread. :bawling:

Either of those would have been much more accurate.:rolleyes:

I'd say that his chances of getting on with NASA as an Astronaut are only slightly worse than getting on with FEDEX with those times.....Even if his inside contact is Fred Smith, I doubt there is much they can do with times that low.

You are correct sir...I guess it should have said.....
:crying: Ohhhhhhh Nooooooo.....Here we go again. I sense yet another fighter vs heavy thread. :bawling:

Or...:crying: Ohhhhhhh Nooooooo.....Here we go again. I sense yet another herbivore vs civ carnivore thread. :bawling:

Either of those would have been much more accurate.:rolleyes:
Whatever. Continue to live in your dreamworld.

Whatever????? Reeeeeeeeealy?

Maybe because flying a fighter has nothing to do with flying a big cargo jet, other than they have wings? And the other civilian guys have thousands more hours actually flying big heavy jets in the actual ATC system?

Just a thought mind you.
Whatever?????? Whatever you say????? Is that a "valley girl" response? I quoted the original post my responses were targeting (Ooops, that might be a fighter term, hope you get it). Fantasy world???? I don't think the type of flying one has experienced is any "better" than another...just different. You seem to think otherwise. We've heard it all before though in the types of threads my previous posts have identified. Carry on....

Whatever?????? Whatever you say????? Is that a "valley girl" response? I quoted the original post my responses were targeting (Ooops, that might be a fighter term, hope you get it). Fantasy world???? I don't think the type of flying one has experienced is any "better" than another...just different. You seem to think otherwise. We've heard it all before though in the types of threads my previous posts have identified. Carry on....
Perhaps I misunderstood what you were saying earlier. I agree with you that different types of flying offer different experiences and skills. But let's face it, flying cargo in the ATC system on a large heavy plane is more in line of what you would be doing flying for FDX. Flying a fighter (while being good training and experience) is not.

Latest resources

Back