• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx chief pilot rant

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guys.....private info on a public forum.

Please do not post private info on a public forum.

Thanks...
LH

OK, like posting the link to the privileged Air Force C-5 accident investigation video on this site?

OK, like posting the link to the privileged Air Force C-5 accident investigation video on this site?

Oh let it go Hagar. That thread was months ago. We all hashed it out there and you were proven wrong and then when you had your tail between your legs you told everyone you were just kidding. Let's reiterate one more time... the guy posted a link to a PUBLIC website. He did not generate said public website (which would be a violation of privilege).

It kinda takes away from the nice post you made at the end of that thread in which you set the record straight and polished up your image. I guess you are back to playing the role of hall monitor.

Last edited:
Oh let it go Hagar. That thread was month's ago. We all hashed it out there and you were proven wrong and then when you had your tail between your legs you told everyone you were just kidding. Let's reiterate one more time... the guy posted a link to a PUBLIC website. He did not generate said public website (which would be a violation).

It kinda takes away from the nice post you made at the end of that thread in which you set the record straight and polished up your image. I guess you are back to playing the role of hall monitor.

No, not at all. I'm just saying in both instances private (or privileged) information was posted on this site. In one case it's allowed, in another it's removed by a moderator with a stern warning. That's all.

I stand by my previous apology, which was for kidding about calling the Dover Safety office.

BTW, the retired AD Safety Officer is in hot water. The RUMOR was the JAG was going after his retirement. Not sure of the outcome.

Thanks for the spanking, though. Try decaf.

No, not at all. I'm just saying in both instances private (or privileged) information was posted on this site. In one case it's allowed, in another it's removed by a moderator with a stern warning. That's all.

I stand by my previous apology, which was for kidding about calling the Dover Safety office.

BTW, the retired AD Safety Officer is in hot water. The RUMOR was the JAG was going after his retirement. Not sure of the outcome.

Thanks for the spanking, though. Try decaf.

Umm no... privileged info was never posted on this site. A link to a public website was posted. That website may have been shutdown since then, but the guy who posted the link did not do anything wrong. The guy who created the website may have though.

Last edited:
Umm no... privileged info was never posted on this site. A link to a public website was posted.

OK, you're right, privileged info v.s. a link to a website with privileged info. But I bet if you look at some of the posts (with info that I know had to come from guys that saw the privileged formal safety brief at Dover AFB in June), there is info that shouldn't be on a public website, info that could potentially be much more damaging to an individual's privacy than a letter from a Chief Pilot.

IMO, in neither instance should that info be on flightinfo.com.

Privileged info v.s. a link to a website with privileged info? Weak. Are you a lawyer?

BTW, I don't want to fight about this. Just wondering what's the difference?

Sorry I asked. Back to the hallway.......:)

I've said it before, I'll say it again, as long as you treat a companies hiring practices like a frat and a good ol boys club, you won't really get the "best of the best"
Just from reading that NTSB report linked above, it is clear that the crew was pretty diverse in it's background experience. Unless, of course, they have a combat version CL-600 that I didn't know about. Quit whining and start beating the bushes if you want a job, or better yet, don't. Hell, my wife won't even hire a landscaper without multiple recommendations and you expect a Fortune 500 company to hire into positions critical to it's existence without them? Please, I'm so sick of the entitlement attitude so pervasive today.

Last edited:
This thread is about the "Chief Pilots Rant", not about the TLH accident.

I was just sharing to the group what I know about the "rant".

The Chief Pilots Rant was allegedly about Captains not "being Captains", of which the TLH accident CVR displays a bit of.

I am not asking what G-forces the crew suffered when the crash existed, or asking about fire response times, nor anything else "TLH Accident related"

you think this is "your thread" or what? Its not. Welcome to flightinfo, a DISCUSSION forum. By the way, I see you registered as a member here in March 2006. That puts me senior to you. Now gear up, shut up.

Last edited:
I don't work at FedEx but I have stayed in a Holiday Inn.

So FedEx's fleet is 32% larger than UPS's with an accident and incident rate that is 283% greater.

Not pointing fingers, not at all. Just running the math.

Funny, the civilian to military pilot ratio is very simular. UPS hires 283% less military vs. civilian pilots??

I don't work at FedEx but I have stayed in a Holiday Inn.

"Pilot Error" is never excusable, however working on the backside of the clock, o-dark 30, with questionable sleep while the maids vacuum all day long at the hotel, and the sun coming thru the curtains, is always going to put strains on your performance. It is not like the "Pilot Error" aspect is the same thing as Pilot Error at some corporate operator that flies once a week to Scottsdale, in Day VFR.

With that said, in the interest of research, I ran "Federal Express" as "Airline" here, and requested ALL events (incidents and accidents), since 1970 till present. I know FedEx did not exist in 1970 but just used it for a starting date.

http://ntsb.gov/ntsb/query.asp

46 records showed up.

I did the same thing with "UPS" and "United Parcel Service" and a total of 12 records showed up.

FedEx has 4750 Pilots and 326 Airplanes, per

http://airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/cargo/fedex.html

UPS has 2825 Pilots and 246 airplanes, per

http://airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/cargo/ups.html

So FedEx's fleet is 32% larger than UPS's with an accident and incident rate that is 283% greater.

Not pointing fingers, not at all. Just running the math.

UPS hasn't been flying airplanes nearly as long either.

I recall UPS almost (thank God they didn't) lost a B-727 @ 1995-96 in the Chicago area due to a triple engine flame-out. According to a UPS Captain I know, he said the jet was down to 800' before they got an engine relit.....................let's not finger-point accident statistics, it can/may/will happen to any company out there.

Latest resources

Back