FedEx Bid results?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Goose 17,
It was good to talk to you the other night in MKE. I don't know if you could tell, but we beat you to ORD that night. We were the CRJ holding short of your runway and we were taxing behind you to the gate. Can't wait to go to training.

crazy night

Good chatting with you too.

That was a crazy night. We were both on ground hold from hell.

Did you say taxiing "behind you" to the gate? Doesn't sound like you beat us after all!

; )

See you on the line SOON!:cool:

Re: Subic Bay seniority

Goose17 said:
Lowest number to go to the PI was 3937 out of 4280

Goose17

Can anyone estimate how long Pilot #3937 has been on the property? I'm also wondering how often equipment bids typically occur. Thanks.

Just about 2 years I would guess.

The equipment bid varies. Depends on company requirements. From what I can gather it seems to happen about once a year +/-.

questions

Could someone explain the 50 727 so slots?? Do they try and fill them internally (over 60 guys)? Then go to the pool... Or, does this mean 50 from the pool?

Thanks

PI

How do guys like the P.I. /QOL? I am sure it looks allot different than 10 yrs ago when I took a USN sponsored cruise there.

FDX Hiring

You guys have to remember that in addition to the (50) 727 S/O slots that were left open in the bid, that the company is also looking at the following Age 60 retirements that are coming up over the near future:

2003: 83
2004: 76
2005: 128
2006: 162
2007: 170
2008: 155

The other unfortunate (this depends on where you are on the seniority list) statistic is that usually an equal number of medical retirements occur along with the Age 60's. Since FDX doesn't like to hire guys directly into the right seat, it seems they will have to start "priming the pump" soon to keep up with the attrition that will be coming in the future.

Another unknown is how many senior captains will jump ship prior to the contract negotiations beginning in 2004.

I hope you guys in the pool keep your head up. See you in the AOC soon!!

Spoke to a buddy of mine who is on the Bus the other day. He knew of at least four guys in the pool that had been activated. His hunch was also that there had to be even more called up he didn't know about. Fedex has about 150 right now on active duty.

No one can verify if the 50 slots on the panel are going to be absorbed if all of the 727-100's get parked (rumor as far as I know) or not.

My calculations put the pool in the very low 50's or even the 40's. Still holding out hope it won't be much longer!!!

Tread on poolies...

Latest resources

Back