FedEx Bid results?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tomnsolo

What's up fellow poolies? What's up Mr. Ryder? Kim D.? Beverly? When are you going to call US?

Has anyone heard anything about the april bid results?

:D

The bid results came out today. There were 50 second officer vacancies on the 727. I'm not really sure when the new hire classes will start up but the training list should be out in a week or so. Another interesting note, there was an article on our website talking about the 757's replacing the 727's. I guess Boeing is offering a pretty good deal to FedEx for them. The article didn't say that it was a done deal but it does give some validity to the rumor that has been floating around. I'm not really sure when we would get them if we will get them at all. Going from a three man aircraft to a two man aircraft certainly won't help the hiring situation but it would be cool to have new hires going to the right seat of the 757 someday. Well, add that to the other list of rumors floating around and who knows, maybe one of them might actually come true. Hang in there poolies.

NightFlyer

That sounds great!!!!

50 vacancies?? When the training department posts the "training list" are new hires included on that list? OR.....is HR solely responsible for the new hire classes?

Thanks for the info.

:)

Unfortunately, the new hire classes do not show up on the training lists until sometime during indoc. I wish I could give you an idea of when classes will begin but I haven't heard anything in regards to that. My guess would be in the next few months to begin to replace the second officers that are going to other seats but that is only a guess. Keep treading water and you guys will be over here before you know it.

NightFlyer

training soon

For all you poolies, rest assured, you will start class very soon. This is strictly my opinion, but I think it is a very educated guess. The hiring department has been on freeze for some time and I think they were really waiting to see how this bid shook out. Now that the results are out, and people are moving up, there are obviously vacancies in the back of the 727. The training list shows about 50, but here is a little more info... The highest percentage of guard/reserve guys can be found in the back seat. These guys (and gals) are more recently out of the military and a lot are using the guard/reserve as a financial bridge into the civilian economy. That being said, we have had a TON of Second Officers called up to duty and there are more going. I have no idea on the total number, but one thing is for certain - when I check my reserve leveling (where I am in relation to total dudes sitting reserve for that block) I have notice that there are significantly less Second Officers to carry the load.

What does all this mean? Training and advancement as well as good ole Sadam will have you on the property in no time. Good luck.

Goose17:cool:

Are those 50 vacancies there now, or does that mean there will be 50 vacancies when the upgrading FE's move out? Sometime ago I think somebody posted there were about 23 holes to fill in the 727 S/O position NOW.

Any news beats no news:) :confused:

good question

Those 50 openings are probably not all right now. It is on the bid posting which shows everyone in their projected or bid awarded seat. How many seats open right now is unknown (by me at least), but like I said above, I would expect classes to start soon.

Goose17

They will have to fill the s/o positions first, because they can't pull current s/o's out of their seats for training until their replacements are online. This pattern continues up the chain, which is why the biggest aircraft/left seat is always the shortest on staffing. Attrition will also require hiring this year, so the number hired will be more than 50.

Clarification

Profile,

Just a question to clarify what you wrote. When you say,
...so the number hired will be more than 50.
did you mean thats the number that will be trained. I ask because there are more than 50 hired in the pool.

Latest resources

Back