Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
no news

Well,

Wednesday has come and gone and I didn't get the letter yet.

Anyone else getting notified for Feb yet?

Goose17

Not to interrupt you guys and get off the topic ,but I have a questions for you FedEx guys. I've had my stuff in for a little while and was wondering if anyone gets hired without a recommendation letter from a fedex employee or would a recommendation letter from someone other than a fedex pilot be helpful? or what is the trick to getting the interview?
thanks,
steve

Last edited:
At least one, preferably 3 letters of recommendation from FedEx pilots. Flight management, etc., are obviously good, other (non-pilot) employees are less valuable. People that recommend you from other companies are nice but won't help you get an interview.

Thanks profile, thats what I figured and Im hopin to secure at least 1 in house reco. Let me bother you with one more question if I may, I've noticed that you are a FedEx pilot and I was wondering what are some of the things that you really like about working there, besides the usual stuff that us outsiders would say, but some things you can really only appreciate from actually working there?

Well, there are a few things:

1. Less security hassle when operating our own flights

2. A much wider variety of choices of types of flying and schedules than any other carrier, in quanities that most pilots can do what they like.

3. More extensive international route system than any other single carrier on the planet, bar none.

4. Extremely high caliber pilot group with varied and very impressive backgrounds, from the f/o I flew with recently who has a Masters in physics and a PhD in computer science to the retired former chair of the Joint Special Forces (retired as BG, all active duty), etc.

5. Very well maintained equipment. Unlike a pax carrier, if our airplane doesn't move the payload turns into "free-load", so a lot more emphasis on having everything working right, relatively. Not saying the pax carriers aren't safe, they are, but this is getting more into the dispatch reliability side of the equation.

That's a few, I'm sure there are more.

Fed Ex truck COMETH!!!!

Well, today was the day and it was actually my birthday - how ironic!

I got official notification today that I will be an airline pilot when I grow up. I start with Fed Ex on Feb 18!!!!

WHOOPIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Goose17

Goose17,

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! That's a great birthday present.

:cool:

Goose,

Congrats, great b-day present!

If you go to the FedEx Pilots Assoc website, www.fedexpilot.org, you'll see a link for newhires on the public side. On that is a New Hire guide that you may find useful to learn the ropes. It's set up in the order of needing the info, but may be interesting to you now as well.

Thanks

Thanks guys and thanks for the link profile. Currently tipping a couple of beers in celebration!

Goose17

here is my info

By the way,

In case anyone was wondering... Here is my info.

Air Force pilot. Went on terminal leave June 28th 2001. Availability date listed as July 05, 2001. Met Beverly at the Air Inc conference in ATL and was told to expect a call in 2 weeks. Got the call a bit later and interviewed on August 29th and 30th. Waited and waited and finally got a letter dated September 24th welcoming me to the pool. Last but not least, got the official notification on January 24th with a job offer!

Goose17

Latest resources

Back