Fed Ex Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any advice?

I initially applied online May '01 and have been updating monthly since. I listed Aug '01 as my availability date. I have three letters from the inside. What else can I do to help my chances of getting called. I'll be going to Dallas tomorrow and I can't figure out whether FedEx folks will be there or not as the Airinc site has a different combination of attendees listed daily. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

same boat

Hugh Jorgan,

You and I were in the same boat. Similar background and similar hours. If you have your ATP, FE writtens, FCC license, 3 LORs from Fed Ex pilots, 1st class medical, the hours, PIC time, patience, and the kitchen sink, that is about it.

The rest is all ball bearings.

Goose17

oops, august '02 is my availability date. I've got all those other quals, so I'm hopeful. Thanks and congrats to you, Goose.

Hugh,
I talked to Beverly last year at the Dallas Air Inc seminar and she said to expect the interview call about 3 months prior to availability -- my avail date is Apr 02 and I got the call four days ago so it looks like that's still the case. My money says you'll get invited in June.

Good luck in the hunt,

Zulu

spoke with Pete Dillenbeck

Fellow poolies,

I called Pete today to get some info on the class. Here is what he said:

The classes starting in February will benefit from the upcoming bid during the month of Feb. He said that nothing is a guarantee, but it is very likely to get a right seat out of the bid.

As for class details, he said that the 1st 1.5 months is the most hectic and it tapers off after that. The oral is about 2.5 weeks into ground school. For us guys starting on Feb 18th, ground school will start on Feb 27th. He said we will get our books on the 20th and some advanced studying is needed. Day 50 puts you in the middle of your IOE week and you get the week off following IOE before hitting the line (reserves).

Well, that is about it. Just passing along some info.

Goose17

Goose,
why did you wait till you were on terminal leave to apply? Are you brain dead, or do you just like being unemployed? Or did the military out of the blue just say "okay you're on terminal leave now, thanks for playing." You should have been applying at least a year out. You would be half way through probation year if you had gotten your Sh#$ together. Or were you waiting for Delta or United to call and finally settled for good old FedEx?
Orion

"Goose,
why did you wait till you were on terminal leave to apply? Are you brain dead, or do you just like being unemployed? Or did the military out of the blue just say "okay you're on terminal leave now, thanks for playing." You should have been applying at least a year out. You would be half way through probation year if you had gotten your Sh#$ together. Or were you waiting for Delta or United to call and finally settled for good old FedEx?
Orion"

My god, P3 guys are such peckerheads.

oriondriver

I'm not sure what gave you the impression I didn't apply earlier, but I do appreciate your interest. ; )

As for when I applied (so you can sleep a little better);

I applied August 00. My separation date was September 26th 01. I built up 90 days of terminal leave and started the leave on June 28th. I listed my availability date as July 5, 01. I attended the Air Inc conference in ATL, July 01 and spoke with Beverely. She said to expect a call in 2 weeks. Got the call some time later. Interviewed August 29th/30th. Start February 18th.

Now if you think I could have gone about the above in a smarter way, by all means share.

Goose17

Sorry Goose,
didn't mean to ruffle your goosedown. I didn't realize that it took that long after applying to get an interview. I applied in March and Interviewed in June. Couldn't separate from the Nav until after Oct so I missed the Oct classes. Subsequently extended to have a paycheck until the call. If its any consolation I'll be junior to you when I get there, hopefully in March.
Orion

Latest resources

Back