• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fed Ex Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For those interested....14 Jan class had 7 military, 1 civilian. Breakdown was 3 AF, 3 Navy, 1 Marine, and the civilian was a 10 year internal guy who was an maintainer as well as a civilian corporate/multiengine pilot. He apparently was very well respected in the mx field, and everyone at indoc seemed to know him from his previous life....ie...he wasn't hired off the street.

Jet history if anyone cares--AV-8, KC135/T-1, F15C (me), F15E (T38guy), F18, HC130, and S3.

I have no idea how/why we were at front of pool, or what rationale is used to offer class dates. When my class was originally cnx, Kim said she would try to offer classes in chronological order to original class and interview date, but there may be some exceptions.

We haven't heard anything in our class beyond the "flight ops would like 250 more guys..." line. 500 more sounds great, but nobody has mentioned those numbers to us.

Good luck and happy treading. Hope to see lots of you here soon.

Albie

poolie update

Latest from Kim, the Feb classes that were supposed to have 12 have been reduced back to 8. She also says there are about a dozen guys stuck in stop loss right now. I interviewed in Oct and a best guess class date is sometime in Apr. She says nothing in stone. Thats all I know.

a little more info...

Just spoke with Kim,

She confirmed what XUSAIR said that the classes are back to 8 each in February. She also said she is still waiting on some drug test results on a couple people, but she plans on both the February classes poolies getting an overnight notification letter no later than this coming Wednesday.

Now on lookout for that beautiful Fed Ex truck!

Goose17

? for Albie15.

. Is everybody on the panel of the 727 or was there any DC-10 awarded? How is the crash pad situation, would you suggest setting something up prior to a class date or is there enough availability to just show up a couple of days early and get settled in? Is a car needed or is there other transportation available. Any insite would be helpful. Keep the info coming from the inside and hopefully I'll see you in MEM soon.
Beaver.

Beaver,

Plenty of crashpads...don't sweat it. You can pick a room for yourself at 250-450 or split one at about 175. Several guys offer places in houses...others split a 3 bedroom apartment with pool, workout rooms, etc. Most of the established crashpad land barons leave a computer with a DSN line as an incentive.

Only advice I offer is don't pair up with classmates...you'll live like rats on top of each other. Join an established crashpad where your roomies are mostly on the line. I've been here in a 6 person 3 bedroom place for about 2 weeks now...seen a max of 2 guys in the place besides me at any one time. Besides...you will be in training 8-5 most days, then add a meal here or there, a workout or trip to the mall, etc...and you aren't there much.

As for the 14 Jan class...all 727 FE slots. However...chance to upgrade to DC10 was offered to all of us with class dates in July. Some guys haven't firmed up decision, simply because they don't want to commit to 3 more months of training in middle of summer. However...most (including me) will probably take it. It may seem silly to train all of us for only 3 months (or less) on the line, but that is the R.O.E. and as the newest guys here I'm just thrilled to know there is already a chance to move up a bit so soon.

I'm not lapping up purple koolaid--they aren't offered any. Instead, I have just been developing a very good appreciation for how sound this business is and how professional everyone I've met in the flight department has been to our group. You will love it when you get here--keep the faith and keep the cell phone turned on. See you here soon.

Albie

Got a call last night (yeah, Sunday night), with an interview offer for Feb 20-21. She said they're interviewing in Feb. for May-June classes. That would seem to imply that the current pool should be dry by mid-May.

Zulu

Zulu,

Would you mind passing on your qualifications that got you the interview? LOR's? etc.

Thanks

RocketRob

RocketRob,

My numbers at the time of application:
Quals: ATP, FEw
Total Time: 2300 ish
Jet/Multi/>20K PIC: 2000 ish

1 LOR from a bro who'd been there < 1year.

Timeline:
Applied April 01.
LOR submitted (internal system) April 01.
Called June 01 with an interview offer July for a class in August.
Military availability not until April 02, so was told to expect a call Nov/Dec for a Jan/Feb interview and April/May class.

I figured that all bets were off post 9-11, but it looks like they only slipped 1-2 months.

Hope this helps. Good luck in the hunt.

Z

I interviewed last April with FedEx, made it through the sim and interview, and received pretty good feedback at the interview. I am military with good record etc. I was very surprised to receive a turn down letter 3 weeks later. I heard later from friends on the inside that about the time I interviewed they got the wild idea that they were hiring too high a percentage of interviewees.

Anyway, I was told that I could reapply in a year. Anyone know the best way to do this? My profile is still online, what else do I need to do?

Thank for any helpful input.

Latest resources

Back