• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fed Ex Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pilots sell their vacations back because it essentially pays the same as flying a 7 day trip at time and a half.

Spoke with Kim today again

Spoke with Kim today again... passing along the info...

She said the Chief pilot still has to confirm the February classes, but should VERY soon. She will be notifying the remaining poolies scheduled for Feb classes later this week or early next week.

As for when the application window would open again... She said they are planning on resuming interviews towards the end of Feb. They will be opening the application web site (window) again shortly, so check daily.

Goose17

Last edited:
Thanks Goose

I am crouched and ready (to pick up the phone).

"Eye of the tiger..." "Wax on--wax off..." "Wait for it..."

In class, haven't even opened a 727 manual yet, but spent quite a bit of time listening to company indoc.

Flight ops projects a need for 250 or so this year (you've heard and seen posted similar numbers before).

At the same time, Chief of Flight Operations reminded us today one reason for success of FedEX is VERY conservative approach to business--to include aircraft purchases, hiring practices, etc. This guy (Mr Barber) was a VERY impressive speaker, and it is obvious why he is in the position he is in. His job is to maximize profits, preserve capital in down times, and not let the company get ahead of itself.

Between the "we want pilots now" crowd on the line and the "hmm....lets watch our requirements closely" policy, you get a lot of people (like pilot recruitment) who see the handwriting on the wall for future hiring but can't firmly offer a slot until training dollars are approved by higher mgt.

THE GOOD NEWS in all this is everyone seemed to agree hiring will continue. However, instead of saying "we will hire 250...turn on the tap" the some think FDX will hire 30, then another 30, and so on for potentially the rest of the year. I know it stinks to be in a pool without a firm class date, but now that I'm here I'm starting to gain a hint of why recruiters can't make you any firm promises. However--everything in indoc was positive about growth, senior pilot retirements, etc. As a point of reference, I was offered a class slightly less than 3 weeks after being notified--so warning times may be compressed.

Good luck to all.

Panel safe,

Albie

Can anyone help me out with some FedEx info? Trying to find contract, typical pilot schedules, first year pay, commuting etc.....info in general. I've searched the boards but I still haven't found what I'm looking for "U2". Also have many civilian types been recently hired and if so what was their background? LOR's types... etc.

Thanks for the help
FedEx wanna be

RocketRob

Thanks for keeping us poolies in the loop.
Keep it comming. Any word if they will drain the current pool before adding to it.

Last edited:
A couple of questions for everyone.

-Anyway for anyone to verify the 50-70 poolies?
-Anyone stuck in this "Stop Loss" changing their avail dates?
-Is there a limit to the number of letters of rec you can have people write or just stick to the 3 names and numbers on the app?
-Any good books out there to brush up on the tests during the interview?

Good luck to all!!

flying

One more rumor

I have a friend that is a sim instructor and he passed along another rumor that he said was circulating amongst the instructors;

He said that Fed Ex is planning on hiring 500-600 pilots this year!

Although this is a wonderful rumor, this is not consistent with Kim Daniels/Beverly Hiter who have told me that they are planning on hiring 250-300 this year. Who knows for sure...

I just thought I would pass the rumor along.

And as far as the number of poolies, like I said earlier, there are 89 total (as told to my same friend by the chief pilot).

Goose17

Last edited:
That's a great rumor, hope it materializes!!! I didn't see the 89 number in your previous post, sorry about that keep up the steady flow of info. Fed Ex is where it is at!

flying

Latest resources

Back