• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FDX Sen. List updated

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To re-align this thread in the interest of aviation interviews (majors, that is...) I think it is very helpful to those looking for employment at a major (FedEx, for example) to know how the seniority list is playing out. The fact that folks are moving to the back seat instead of retiring is a good bit of info for the future interviewee. I don't think it will adversely affect hiring, though, as most (if not all) 60+ guys go to the back of the DC10 vice the Boeing. If you had to be a plumber on the slaveship to pave the way to retirement, my heart goes out to ya!

Mr Zog said:
Taz,

Don't click on the thread then. It isn't like there are a 150-200 new threads on this site and space is at a premium. Plus, really what percentage of the threads deal with interviews to begin with? I would guess less than 5%. We get the picture already. You don't like us. Point made.

Thanks
Eloquently said.

I'd hope that I'd still have a job at my airline if FAA time caught up with me before I had a chance to get that majik amount in the retirement portfolio.

I would bet that a majority of those that take this option, do so because they have to, not because they want to. I only have about 6,500 hours TT and my ass hurts so much my feet tingle...I can't imagine hanging on for longer than what was neccessary.

AlbieF15 said:
...I want to advance as much as anyone, and I was stuck on the panel for several years...but...

Some of these guys are ex-Eastern or Braniff and have some pretty ghastly stories. They are just hanging on for a retirement.
I cast no stones at any of them, but rather use their experience as a reminder to save, invest, and diversify. None of us want to be 50 and trying to find another job. Personally, I'd rather can the A plan anyway and have them put the money in the B plan so I could leave whenver I wanted...but that's another rant.

I do remember meeting a -10 SO who had to be 65, and he told me about flying to PR and other garden spots and just having fun...and he's been here 20+ years! I guess he can do whatever he wants, but I think I'll trade flying someone else's jets up at 60 (or earlier) to fly with my kids in something else instead. I hope we all have the options...

I just got off a trip with an engineer who is 77 years old! He says he's going to keep flying until it isn't fun anymore. He, like most of the engineers at my company are PFEs, but we do have some retired pilots who moved back to the panel. Like the one you flew with, most are trying to make up for lost retirement income, due to airline failures, or too many ex-wives...

Yep, moved up 97 too. Go to 'Crew Info' and click on 'Profile Display'

Now, about that next bid...

Mr Zog said:
Taz,

Don't click on the thread then. It isn't like there are a 150-200 new threads on this site and space is at a premium. Plus, really what percentage of the threads deal with interviews to begin with? I would guess less than 5%. We get the picture already. You don't like us. Point made.

Thanks

Its not that I don't like you guys, its that no other airline uses this board as a way to communicate with each other about your own business that most all other airlines pilots don't give a rats a$$ about. I find it interesting that there is not an established forum somewhere for you guys. Yes, much is discussed on this forum, but most of it can be interesting to a rather large group. Not the few of you that frequent this forum. You guys are a big airline and its unusual these days to find you have nowhere else to go.

I find it to be your weakness in communication as a group that I find rather surprising.

Do you ever see any other airline that is hiring say....." Hey I moved up 20 numbers this vacancy bid!!".....no you don't.

How many other pilots responded with any real interest? How many ever do?

Its just kinda of weird.

This " don't click on the thread argument" is really weak.

From the "tazman"

" Its not that I don't like you guys, its that no other airline uses this board as a way to communicate with each other about your own business that most all other airlines pilots don't give a rats a$$ about."

Yeah right, how about SWA, Jetblue, Airtran, United, NWA and Delta to name a few. Cute how you won't mention what company you fly for....

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back